How to Remove First Blog Post, Using Summary Block Feature in Banner for 7.1

Site URL: https://moushi.co/blog

Hey SS Circle Members,

I'm slowly, reluctantly moving into 7.1 and have a question maybe @tuanphan could help with that might help others. I'm using a Summary Block to pull the latest post from my blog, and then the active blog is underneath. As you can see on moushi.co/blog, the first two posts are the same which is of course a problem. How do you suggest I remove the first post from the actual blog page? so that the Summary Block above serves as the main "Most recent" section for the latest post, and the following posts exist in the blog below.

I've expressed my frustration to the 7.1 Product team that it's really not made for writers or bloggers at all but alas, it is what it is for now. Thank you for any and all your help.

--
Making business human at moushi.co

Ps: Made a Squarespace Design Checklist you might dig.

Join me on twitter and let's be friends.

16 hours ago, moushi said:

Site URL: https://moushi.co/blog

Hey SS Circle Members,

I'm slowly, reluctantly moving into 7.1 and have a question maybe @tuanphan could help with that might help others. I'm using a Summary Block to pull the latest post from my blog, and then the active blog is underneath. As you can see on moushi.co/blog, the first two posts are the same which is of course a problem. How do you suggest I remove the first post from the actual blog page? so that the Summary Block above serves as the main "Most recent" section for the latest post, and the following posts exist in the blog below.

I've expressed my frustration to the 7.1 Product team that it's really not made for writers or bloggers at all but alas, it is what it is for now. Thank you for any and all your help.

This may helps

Remove Current Post From Summary Block in Squarespace | Ryan Dejaegher

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

On 7/4/2021 at 8:04 PM, bangank36 said:

I found that as well, but it's actually directed to removing the current Summary Block post. In my case, I'm using the Summary Block for the Featured Post above, and then the regular Blog Collection underneath. So what I actually need is the removal of the first post from the Blog collection itself. 

Sigh. Blogging in 7.1 is highly unintuitive. Definitely open for suggestions on how to achieve this. 

--
Making business human at moushi.co

Ps: Made a Squarespace Design Checklist you might dig.

Join me on twitter and let's be friends.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, moushi said:

Hey @tuanphan sure, we're slowly building on 7.1 so I'm sure there are a ton of issues right now. As for the blog post item, made it work with a bit of css to remove the first item: 

.blog-basic-grid article:first-child { display:none; }

Yes, if you need to fix any problems, just comment, we will support

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...
On 7/27/2021 at 12:23 PM, tuanphan said:

Yes, if you need to fix any problems, just comment, we will support

Hello Tuanphan, Sorry to jump on this convo, but I am looking to achieve a similar looking blog.

my blog, which I am building now, https://www.kiyary.com/blog ; I just would like to add the "Latests posts" on a column on the right, and keep the blogs on the left, but when I edit the design of the blog, I cannot move it to the side. Is it my computer? or this is not possible and I need a code? just Like Moushi has on the screenshot you shared here, bellow her profile. I want that column.

thank you so much!!! 

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 20.33.19.png

I suggest you use summary blocks to display all blog posts and put the blog page in the unlinked section of your site. Summaries are very flexible, the blocks can be moved side by side, you can hide posts by using the featured only setting and filter by cats or tags. I do that and i can group my archive block by subject. I actually have two blog pages, one is composed of posts using summary blocks that pull content from the main blog page using categories and the featured

https://myrandomviews.com/storyarchive

Edited by derricksrandomviews
16 hours ago, kiyary said:

Hello Tuanphan, Sorry to jump on this convo, but I am looking to achieve a similar looking blog.

my blog, which I am building now, https://www.kiyary.com/blog ; I just would like to add the "Latests posts" on a column on the right, and keep the blogs on the left, but when I edit the design of the blog, I cannot move it to the side. Is it my computer? or this is not possible and I need a code? just Like Moushi has on the screenshot you shared here, bellow her profile. I want that column.

thank you so much!!! 

Which tesmplate do you use? Or can you share link to your site?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

56 minutes ago, tuanphan said:

Which tesmplate do you use? Or can you share link to your site?

I use square space 7.1 , my website is www.kiyary.com/blog I just want to move the "Latest posts" to the side, like the image you shared. It has links on the side column. Just like Moushi, who also has 7.1 from what I read. Is this possible? How?

Thank you!

16 hours ago, derricksrandomviews said:

I suggest you use summary blocks to display all blog posts and put the blog page in the unlinked section of your site. Summaries are very flexible, the blocks can be moved side by side, you can hide posts by using the featured only setting and filter by cats or tags. I do that and i can group my archive block by subject. I actually have two blog pages, one is composed of posts using summary blocks that pull content from the main blog page using categories and the featured

https://myrandomviews.com/storyarchive

Oh, thank you. I will see and try that too but I just wonder if what I asked was possible, as making another page just to add a summary blog, what happens to the navigation? and functionality of a blog? the summary will work? 

With the right code many things are possible, however I like to do major things using the built in configuration of the site. Its really up to you.  As far as the navigation is concerned. When you put any page in the unlinked section it comes off the nav bar. So if you create a summary block page whether it is a regular page or a second blog, it would go in the linked section and appear on the nav bar, You would most likely  move the blog navigation name to that page. The functionality of the main page remains the same, this design just give you more control over the post items. You don't have to use a second blog page if you don't want to, you can use a standard page with summary blocks. I chose to use a blog page in order to create a drop down menu with posts sorted by subject. I f you wish you can try out my site, move around in it, see how it is to nanvigage. It is  built on 7.0 Avenue but summary blocks work basically the same for both 7.0 and 7.1.

Derrick. 

my random views