Large volume of items, can I import from excel

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Hi,

While I love graphics, I am looking for a template with less frills and more disposed to handle large volume of items. i do have them all in an excel database and would love to port the database

Which would be the best template for me.

I need to list

1  item part belongs to-

2 part number

3 description-

4 price

Not necessary but would consider

-number of pieces in stock

-photo of part

I plan on listing possibly 800-1000 different parts

Thanks in advance

• Replies 4
  • Views 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see the how something looks and the functionality of storing the information as two separate issues.

The first issue to address is the storage of the information. The looks can come later.

It sounds like a Store Page would be appropriate to store your information. You would need to translate your excel spreadsheet into the SS .csv format for importing.

If you don't want to use the Store page for actual selling it is possible to hide the commerce elements of the page such as the add to cart button.

A store page already has fields for all of the items you list except number 1 (item part belongs to). That would need to be folded into the description or you could use the additional info field to store that information.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

OK  I've trial selected Jotter press as my template, get to store page and I don't see any way to import the CSS file.

I've attached a screenshot of the files just to give an iddea of what im looking for and I have a css file ready to import. I need a solution, no way I enter 1000 items by hand one by one.

IMG_20210705_134917147.jpg

23 minutes ago, creedon said:

The instructions are at the csv link to which I pointed.

You sure did, I didn't even realize you had a link there and I went searching myself. Good looking out!