Can't change my blog layout (7.1)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I know what's supposed to happen, but that isn't happening. I get edit popups for all the other sections on the page, except for the blog section. I have 2 blog pages on my site - the News page and the Free Fiction page. The Free Fiction page works fine - I get the manage posts popup. I don't get it on the News page though.

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you mean by 'open config, then pages.'

I don't have a 'config' menu - so I assume you mean the main menu?

Thanks

Nothing happens. I can't move the section above the blog to a position below the blog.

I can create new sections above the blog and swap the positions of the sections above the blog, but none of the sections will move below the blog.

I also cannot create any sections below the blog. There is no option available.

Thanks

I just recreated the page in an offline page.

The page layout is as follows (markduplock.com):

Header

Blank section with 2 image blocks and a code block

Blog section

Footer

I started with a blog page template, deleted all the default posts and added 1 of my own.ย I added the blank section above the blog section and added the contents there. The page worked fine and I still had all the edit options available.

Then I added a 2nd blog post to the blog section and I lost all the edit options for the blog section.

ย Not sure what's going on, but I think this is repeatable.

Thanks

@MarkDuplock

So odd! Let me see if I can reproduce your steps and issue. Anything unusual about the content you are adding to the posts? Custom code? CSS? Javascript?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things )ย consultantย open for new projects.

@MarkDuplock

Tried to follow your formula and hadย no issues. Doesn't mean I did exactly the same things you did that might be causing the issue.

The only thing I can suggest at this pointย would be toย Contact Customer Support.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things )ย consultantย open for new projects.