Jump to content

Slideshow description runs out of window at 100%? (7.0, Brine)

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com/

PW: nshtest

OK, I've run into a strange issue. I've created a full-width slideshow on an index page, and wanted to increase the title/description background to full width. However, when I did this:

.Index-gallery-item-content {
width:100%;
}

The attached image is the result—the container for the description is now wider than the window! (The gallery content is set to max-width of 100% in Site Styles.) Any thoughts on why this is happening & how to fix it?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 5.04.07 PM.png

Link to comment
  • Replies 7
  • Views 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, ianmcarey said:

Site URL: https://dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com/

OK, I've run into a strange issue. I've created a full-width slideshow on an index page, and wanted to increase the title/description background to full width. However, when I did this:

.Index-gallery-item-content {
width:100%;
}

The attached image is the result—the container for the description is now wider than the window! (The gallery content is set to max-width of 100% in Site Styles.) Any thoughts on why this is happening & how to fix it?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 5.04.07 PM.png

You site is private, try enable site wide password and let us know

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

 

Link to comment

@ianmcarey Try this code

#collection-60dd1d1f5fb0f05e0c4b8aec .Index-gallery-item-content {
    width: 100%;
    padding-left: 0 !important;
    padding-right: 0 !important;
}
#collection-60dd1d1f5fb0f05e0c4b8aec .Index-gallery-item-content>* {
    padding-right: 20px;
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
8 hours ago, tuanphan said:

@ianmcarey Try this code

#collection-60dd1d1f5fb0f05e0c4b8aec .Index-gallery-item-content {
    width: 100%;
    padding-left: 0 !important;
    padding-right: 0 !important;
}
#collection-60dd1d1f5fb0f05e0c4b8aec .Index-gallery-item-content>* {
    padding-right: 20px;
}

 

Hey thanks @tuanphan that worked! And I learned about the * function. One last thing though—you'll notice the left side of the background block doesn't quite reach the edge of the window. You can see a couple of pixels of the photo behind it. Any ideas?

Link to comment
On 7/6/2021 at 1:17 AM, ianmcarey said:

Hey thanks @tuanphan that worked! And I learned about the * function. One last thing though—you'll notice the left side of the background block doesn't quite reach the edge of the window. You can see a couple of pixels of the photo behind it. Any ideas?

Hi. Looks fine here. Can you take a screenshot?

Also, I found some issues on your site. Do you need fix this? We will help (free)

Site URL – https://dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com/?password=nshtest

1. (Homepage) Align text?

https://dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com/?password=nshtest

dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com-01-min

2. (Mobile – Footer) Chang phone number to 3 rows?

https://dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com/?password=nshtest

dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com-03-min

4. (Mobile – Contact) Scroll bar at bottom of page.

https://dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com/contact/?password=nshtest

dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com-04-min

5. (Tablet – Homepage) Increase text width and image width?

https://dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com/?password=nshtest

dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com-05-min

6. (Tablet – Homepage) Change to 3 texts/row?

https://dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com/board-staff/?password=nshtest

dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com-06-min

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment

@tuanphan Thanks, just messaged you!

 

16 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Hi. Looks fine here. Can you take a screenshot?

Also, I found some issues on your site. Do you need fix this? We will help (free)

Site URL – https://dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com/?password=nshtest

1. (Homepage) Align text?

https://dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com/?password=nshtest

dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com-01-min

2. (Mobile – Footer) Chang phone number to 3 rows?

https://dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com/?password=nshtest

dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com-03-min

4. (Mobile – Contact) Scroll bar at bottom of page.

https://dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com/contact/?password=nshtest

dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com-04-min

5. (Tablet – Homepage) Increase text width and image width?

https://dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com/?password=nshtest

dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com-05-min

6. (Tablet – Homepage) Change to 3 texts/row?

https://dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com/board-staff/?password=nshtest

dinosaur-orb-l5kz.squarespace.com-06-min

@tuanphan Thanks! I had already fixed some of those things by the time I saw this—I think the one I could use help on is changing the number of

Link to comment
On 7/12/2021 at 1:48 PM, ianmcarey said:

@tuanphan Thanks, just messaged you!

 

@tuanphan Thanks! I had already fixed some of those things by the time I saw this—I think the one I could use help on is changing the number of

Hi.

What issues do you need help with?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.