Changing 'Buy Now' button into a link

Site URL: https://www.making-stories.com/easyread/issue-5-easy-read

Hi! I'm trying to create an accessible page on our website for non and partial sighted customers to use when purchasing our new easy read version of our magazine, but I'm having some issues. Ideally, to add the product to cart they need a link at the top of the page instead of the usual button. If I'm unable to convert the button into just a link, it there a way I can create a link that I can include as well, as this would be picked up by a screen reader. The template we're using is Brine 7.0.

Thank you! Claire 

Edited by ClaireW
  • Replies 2
  • Views 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Claire

What are the symptoms for the visitor? For example, how is the screen reader describing the add-to-cart button? 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi @paul2009! It seems the screen reader skips it altogether. Thank you for you help! Claire

*EDIT: I heard back from one of our customers and it seems now that I've moved the button to the top of the page and left aligned that it works now! Phew! Thank you so much for your help! Just out of curiosity though, do you know if it is actually possible to do what I originally was looking for?

Edited by ClaireW