Sitemap not updating

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@nicc707 Scan your sitemap to look for the text. Update impacted images by changing the image block from inline to something else, remove the demo text, then back to inline. Let me know if you need more info. 

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/1/2021 at 12:57 AM, ChristineDarby said:

Scan your sitemap to look for the text. Update impacted images by changing the image block from inline to something else, remove the demo text, then back to inline. Let me know if you need more info. 

Thank you, @ChristineDarby. This helped me resolve my own sitemap image demo content nightmare this week! Will be flagging this with Squarespace Support, as demo content from unused image block layouts should NEVER be used in generating final sitemaps!

4 hours ago, hellothisisjeff said:

Will be flagging this with Squarespace Support

You are welcome. Yes I also reported to Support in June 2021 when it first occurred. 

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/1/2021 at 11:32 PM, ChristineDarby said:

This has been happening for months. It is demo content. Change the image block from inline to another image style, remove the demo text, then go back to inline. Squarespace's own sitemap is full of the same. More info here

Thanks Christine! I know it's been a while since you posted this so hopefully you can answer my following question; where exactly do I remove the demo text from?