Strange padding on two apparently identical pages

Site URL: https://philipus.com/the-tribunal-contents

Hello everyone

In my new photo project I have several pages that I have set up identically, at least I thought I had. They all have a text block at the top and images below.

But on one page – the left one below – there is extra padding above the heading. I can't figure out where the extra padding comes from and why it is only applied to that one page.

I'm sure I did the same when I created the pages: in the text block I added an H2 heading under which I wrote the text, formatted as Normal.

In fact, I quite like the extra padding and would like to have it on all the other pages too. I've tried copying text from the Tribunal page to the other pages, but then the headings default to being padding-less.

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

Philip

tribunal.thumb.png.1dcfd1768f8836746b63726e566ba0c1.png

philipus.com ◦▪︎◦ instagram

• Replies 5
  • Views 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much, that's brilliant.

I tried to changed the padding-top to 20 but it only affects the "The Tribunal" page, which is the starting page of the photo project. The sub-sections (such as "The President") are at zero padding. How can I add the same amount of padding to the sub-sections? I tried with "second-child" but it changes nothing.

Cheers

Philip

7 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Add this to Design > Custom CSS

/* space above title */
.sqs-layout:not(.sqs-editing) .sqs-row+.sqs-row .sqs-block:not(.float):first-child {
    padding-top: 0 !important;
}

philipus.com ◦▪︎◦ instagram

On 7/2/2021 at 9:46 PM, philipus said:

Thank you very much, that's brilliant.

I tried to changed the padding-top to 20 but it only affects the "The Tribunal" page, which is the starting page of the photo project. The sub-sections (such as "The President") are at zero padding. How can I add the same amount of padding to the sub-sections? I tried with "second-child" but it changes nothing.

Cheers

Philip

Hi. You need to use px

It should be 20px, not 20 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, philipus said:

Thank you very much, but that still only affects the first page (the Tribunal). The pages "below" that page in the structure still have the heading up at the edge of the window. 

This SS default code made problem

.sqs-layout:not(.sqs-editing) .sqs-row .sqs-block:not(.float):not(.sqs-feature-gated-wrapper):first-child {
    padding-top: 0;
}

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* the presidend h2 */
div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1625038639930_11858 h2 {
    padding-top: 17px;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)