Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
  • 0

Lightbox Gallery


manumuniz

Question

Hi everyone! Feel like this is a veeeeeery long shot, but is there any way to create a lightbox gallery? As in, I add a button to a page and when you click it a lightbox opens up with a full gallery to go through.

 

Details that don't really matter but might inspire an alternative for someone reading this: I just don't want that button to lead to a different page; I wanted my photography portfolio to be split into categories (e.g. portrait, landscape, etc.) with easy navigation between those categories.

 

Thanks!

Link to comment

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
15 hours ago, manumuniz said:

Hi everyone! Feel like this is a veeeeeery long shot, but is there any way to create a lightbox gallery? As in, I add a button to a page and when you click it a lightbox opens up with a full gallery to go through.

 

Details that don't really matter but might inspire an alternative for someone reading this: I just don't want that button to lead to a different page; I wanted my photography portfolio to be split into categories (e.g. portrait, landscape, etc.) with easy navigation between those categories.

 

Thanks!

You can use Lightbox anything plugin to open a page in lightbox/modal, on that page you set up a gallery block or section

Check reference site

https://kevinhong.squarespace.com/

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Portfolio hover Replace Link Style
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
  • 0
15 hours ago, manumuniz said:

Is there any way to create a lightbox gallery? As in, I add a button to a page and when you click it a lightbox opens up with a full gallery to go through. I just don't want that button to lead to a different page; I wanted my photography portfolio to be split into categories (e.g. portrait, landscape, etc.) with easy navigation between those categories.

Squarespace offers a number of built-in options that can display gallery images in a lightbox, but it will depend on the template and version of the site you are building. We'll be able to provide more detailed or specific advice if you include a link to the page on your site. If the site isn't live, you'll need to set a public password in the visibility settings and share it with us. 

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Link to comment
  • 0
8 hours ago, bangank36 said:

You can use Lightbox anything plugin to open a page in lightbox/modal, on that page you set up a gallery block or section

Check reference site

https://kevinhong.squarespace.com/

Yes, that's what I had in mind. I was hoping for a slideshow gallery, but even a grid would work. Do you know what plugin would work? Sorry, I've only done CSS so far and am pretty unfamiliar with how plugins work.

Link to comment
  • 0
7 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Squarespace offers a number of built-in options that can display gallery images in a lightbox, but it will depend on the template and version of the site you are building. We'll be able to provide more detailed or specific advice if you include a link to the page on your site. If the site isn't live, you'll need to set a public password in the visibility settings and share it with us. 

I'm on Version 7.1 and I wasn't able to find that option so far 😞 My (under construction) website is https://manumuniz.com (password: manu); the page I was hoping to include that feature is https://manumuniz.com/photography, so that when you click one of the images it opens a gallery on a lightbox. Hope I was able to properly explain what I'm visualizing, but let me know if you'd like me to clarify.

Link to comment
  • 0
4 hours ago, manumuniz said:

Yes, that's what I had in mind. I was hoping for a slideshow gallery, but even a grid would work. Do you know what plugin would work? Sorry, I've only done CSS so far and am pretty unfamiliar with how plugins work.

Find the plugin named Lightbox Anything, you can add a gallery section there, and change the layout of gallery

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Portfolio hover Replace Link Style
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...