Lightbox Gallery

Hi everyone! Feel like this is a veeeeeery long shot, but is there any way to create a lightbox gallery? As in, I add a button to a page and when you click it a lightbox opens up with a full gallery to go through.

Details that don't really matter but might inspire an alternative for someone reading this: I just don't want that button to lead to a different page; I wanted my photography portfolio to be split into categories (e.g. portrait, landscape, etc.) with easy navigation between those categories.

Thanks!

15 hours ago, manumuniz said:

Hi everyone! Feel like this is a veeeeeery long shot, but is there any way to create a lightbox gallery? As in, I add a button to a page and when you click it a lightbox opens up with a full gallery to go through.

Details that don't really matter but might inspire an alternative for someone reading this: I just don't want that button to lead to a different page; I wanted my photography portfolio to be split into categories (e.g. portrait, landscape, etc.) with easy navigation between those categories.

Thanks!

You can use Lightbox anything plugin to open a page in lightbox/modal, on that page you set up a gallery block or section

Check reference site

https://kevinhong.squarespace.com/

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

15 hours ago, manumuniz said:

Is there any way to create a lightbox gallery? As in, I add a button to a page and when you click it a lightbox opens up with a full gallery to go through. I just don't want that button to lead to a different page; I wanted my photography portfolio to be split into categories (e.g. portrait, landscape, etc.) with easy navigation between those categories.

Squarespace offers a number of built-in options that can display gallery images in a lightbox, but it will depend on the template and version of the site you are building. We'll be able to provide more detailed or specific advice if you include a link to the page on your site. If the site isn't live, you'll need to set a public password in the visibility settings and share it with us. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

8 hours ago, bangank36 said:

You can use Lightbox anything plugin to open a page in lightbox/modal, on that page you set up a gallery block or section

Check reference site

https://kevinhong.squarespace.com/

Yes, that's what I had in mind. I was hoping for a slideshow gallery, but even a grid would work. Do you know what plugin would work? Sorry, I've only done CSS so far and am pretty unfamiliar with how plugins work.

7 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Squarespace offers a number of built-in options that can display gallery images in a lightbox, but it will depend on the template and version of the site you are building. We'll be able to provide more detailed or specific advice if you include a link to the page on your site. If the site isn't live, you'll need to set a public password in the visibility settings and share it with us. 

I'm on Version 7.1 and I wasn't able to find that option so far 😞 My (under construction) website is https://manumuniz.com (password: manu); the page I was hoping to include that feature is https://manumuniz.com/photography, so that when you click one of the images it opens a gallery on a lightbox. Hope I was able to properly explain what I'm visualizing, but let me know if you'd like me to clarify.

4 hours ago, manumuniz said:

Yes, that's what I had in mind. I was hoping for a slideshow gallery, but even a grid would work. Do you know what plugin would work? Sorry, I've only done CSS so far and am pretty unfamiliar with how plugins work.

Find the plugin named Lightbox Anything, you can add a gallery section there, and change the layout of gallery

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!