Offer a Discount Code for signing up to the newsletter

Site URL: https://www.homebrewdice.co.uk

Hi All, 

I was wondering what the best method is to offer people a Discount Code for signing up to our Newsletter. We have a Promotional Pop-up that appears upon visiting, and I'd like the incentive of a DC to get them to input. 

The ideal scenario is as follows:

• Someone visits the site
  • The pop-up shows, and they input their email
  • In their inbox, is a DC for 10% off their next order
  • It's a single-use DC per customer / created automatically for them with a one-use limit

Note: We don't send regular emails, only for big projects we are working on (i.e. a Kickstarter that's coming up), but otherwise the list is untouched.

If anyone does something similar, please do let me know, but any advice is hugely appreciated 🙂

• Replies 7
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can set up a discount code and then include details in the 'thank you for subscribing' email that they receive.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You can set this up in Marketing > Email CampaignsAutomations > ADD > Welcome New Subscribers.

For more information, see the guide Sending automated campaigns.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Woldesign said:

Marketing > Automations > ADD > Welcome New Subscribers is no longer available.

It is Marketing > Email Campaigns Automations > ADD > Welcome New Subscribers.