Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

adding links in Markdown block crashes Squarespace (bug?)

raeroshow

Question

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a collapsible FAQ section using markdown blocks. The collapsing part works fine. However, Every time I try to add a hyperlink inside of a markdown block, the page freezes and I have to restart my browser. Can anyone else replicate this error and/or offer advice? 

This is the page I'm working on - https://redesign-90-day-biz.squarespace.com/program-20

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

I finally got links to work - but the whole page is still crashing when I try to save / edit Markdown blocks. 
I have a lot of FAQs - so it's going to be a long block. I either need the markdown not to crash - or a different method of creating collapsible/accordion style FAQs. thanks!

I haven't experienced it locking up but there's currently an issue when trying to add links to Markdown Blocks. When you click in the link icon, the link editor appears behind the Markdown editor, making it almost impossible to add the link details. Perhaps this is causing the UI to appear to be unresponsive?

Here's what I see: 

bug-add-link-to-markdown.thumb.gif.68ac151612a4f71d0ae94321612490b0.gif

I recommend you report your experiences to Squarespace Customer Care. You can reach out to them here.

Edited by paul2009

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.