How to change the calendar start of the week from Sunday to Monday?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 6/25/2021 at 1:45 PM, Naomi-lifelab said:

I'd like to change the start of the week of the calendar from Sunday to Monday.

This is not something you can change yet. The first day of the week cannot be modified with code.

When new features are added to Squarespace their teams are aware of the need to make these suitable for an international market but there are still some older areas of the platform that remain very US-centric, and this is one of them.

I'm hopeful that when Squarespace update their old YUI3 calendar block they'll add some customisation options to make this possible.

Edited by paul2009
Typo

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anybody found a solution to get the calendar start on Monday?

SQSP is available in German - even the language in the calendar changes, but the absurd Sunday-start remains.  

The same with 12-hr time representation; We cannot change that backwards ways of the US, who together with Nigeria and Myanmar are the only places in the world not using international standards - but please bring SQSP to the 21st century.

1 hour ago, fby said:

Has anybody found a solution to get the calendar start on Monday?

As posted above, this isn't possible. You'd need to use an alternative calendar.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 9 months later...

Hello! 

I have client on 7.0, wanting to display events using the calendar block. 

Is there any way to start the Calendar on a Monday? 

I've read through the posts so far and it seems like the only option is to go for a 3rd party plug in which I'd like to avoid so their team doesn't have another thing to log into and keep updated, and pay $10 for. 

https://www.therobertsonhotel.com/whats-on

I've also given them the option of using the summary block and just displaying the events that exist, but it's not the same vibe they're going after. They want to be able to see the full week. And creating blocks for 'non event' days feels weird. 

(In a dream world I would build this whole site again myself from scratch in 7.1, baby steps for now)

Hello! 

I have client on 7.0, wanting to display events using the calendar block. 

I've read through the posts so far and it seems like the only option is to go for a 3rd party plug in which I'd like to avoid so their team doesn't have another thing to log into and keep updated, and pay $10 for. 

https://www.therobertsonhotel.com/whats-on

I've also given them the option of using the summary block and just displaying the events that exist, but it's not the same vibe they're going after. They want to be able to see the full week. And creating blocks for 'non event' days feels weird. 

(In a dream world I would build this whole site again myself from scratch in 7.1, baby steps for now)

9 hours ago, ClaireWard said:

The situation has not changed. There is still no SS option to change this behaviour.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

For the Calendar block it would be better for us to have it start the week on a Monday rather than a Sunday.

Does anyone know a way of fixing that? Is there any CSS that can change it?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 16.32.08.png