• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Getting Full Bleed Header Image on Blog Pages

Question

Site URL: https://www.outbrnd.com/

Hey Guys,

I had to put my site on hold for a while and now that I'm back, Squarespace seems to have changed quite a bit. I've now tried to create a blog on my site, which is going to host some articles for SEO purposes.

However, at the top of each post, I'd like to have a full-bleed image, or at the very least, I'd like it to almost reach the edge of the browser. The only thing I can think of is to create a custom CSS script that will change the image block's width on each blog post.

image.thumb.png.9c134c9617d6c102d26961371c723fac.png

However, the problem with that is that I intend to have a lot of posts, so i'm going to end up with a LOT of custom CSS Scripts just for the image blocks.

Another thought I had, I can possibly 'diy' a blog system by creating multiple pages (one normal page for each post - using normal pages since they have the option for a header with a full-bleed image) under a folder, and having that folder's page show images which link to the individual posts. Although, that would be quite a bit of extra work just to have full-bleed header banners.

Is there another way that I can achieve this? Any help here would be appreciated.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

On 6/24/2021 at 5:50 PM, AttractiveToast said:

Site URL: https://www.outbrnd.com/

Hey Guys,

I had to put my site on hold for a while and now that I'm back, Squarespace seems to have changed quite a bit. I've now tried to create a blog on my site, which is going to host some articles for SEO purposes.

However, at the top of each post, I'd like to have a full-bleed image, or at the very least, I'd like it to almost reach the edge of the browser. The only thing I can think of is to create a custom CSS script that will change the image block's width on each blog post.

image.thumb.png.9c134c9617d6c102d26961371c723fac.png

However, the problem with that is that I intend to have a lot of posts, so i'm going to end up with a LOT of custom CSS Scripts just for the image blocks.

Another thought I had, I can possibly 'diy' a blog system by creating multiple pages (one normal page for each post - using normal pages since they have the option for a header with a full-bleed image) under a folder, and having that folder's page show images which link to the individual posts. Although, that would be quite a bit of extra work just to have full-bleed header banners.

Is there another way that I can achieve this? Any help here would be appreciated.

You can inject javascript to get the featured image as the full bleed image for all blog

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Portfolio hover Replace Link Style
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

@AttractiveToast Do you need help with these?

Site URL – https://www.outbrnd.com/

1. (Homepage) Adjust so that 5 icons are aligned?

outbrnd.com-01-min.png

2. (Mobile – Homepage) Align center text?

outbrnd.com-02-min.png

3. (Tablet – Homepage) Reduce text size?

outbrnd.com-04-min.png

4. (Tablet – Homepage) Adjust so that 5 icons are aligned?

outbrnd.com-05-min.png

5. (Tablet – hours) Increase text width?

outbrnd.com-07-min.png

6. (Tablet-Homepage) Increase text width?

outbrnd.com-06-min-1.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.