Product page thumbnails

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.christianthiess.com/shop/fineart-druck-grossglockner-bei-nacht

Dear Sir or Madam,

thanks for taking time, to have a look into my current issues.

My question is about the texts shown at the product page itself. I'm considering adding 'additional information' to any product. Like for my prints I'd like to share information on the chosen paper (maybe I'd like to include a link as well for further information).

But: If I use the feature to add 'additional information' for a product, it is shown at the very bottom of the site, after all pictures. I'd assume that very few people scroll that much and could read the information given.

So, it seems that I can only place the text in the product description.

Is there any way to choose a place where the 'additional information' will be shown? for example after the button to add the product to the shopping cart with a title 'additional information'? or something else?

Is there any way to change this behaviour? maybe through custom CSS?

thank you in advance,

best regards, Christian

4 hours ago, ChristianT said:

I'm considering adding 'additional information' to any product. Like for my prints I'd like to share information on the chosen paper (maybe I'd like to include a link as well for further information).

But: If I use the feature to add 'additional information' for a product, it is shown at the very bottom of the site, after all pictures. I'd assume that very few people scroll that much and could read the information given.

It will depend on how much 'additional information' you want to include with each product. 

• If the text is short, for example "Printed on: Tecco PD 305 Matt" you can include it in the product description which appears immediately below the title and price.
  • If the text is long, you can place it in the 'Additional Information' area and add a 'More information' link to the product description area explaining that more information is available. Clicking the link could then take the customer to the larger area below the product images.
  • You could use code to change the layout of the product page so that additional information can be shown above or below the 'Add to Cart' button. If you're adding information to this area, it's usually necessary to use an accordion or tabs to hide/reveal content by clicking/tapping.

I hope this helps.

If this helps, please click "Like" below ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul,

thanks for taking time to investigate in my current issue. And thanks for your extended explanation.

How could a suitable way look like to add a "more information" link in the product description which links to a "Additional information"-section on the same page below?

• Solution
13 minutes ago, ChristianT said:

How could a suitable way look like to add a "more information" link in the product description which links to a "Additional information"-section on the same page below?

You can add some HTML to the Additional Information section using a Code Block or Markdown Block:

<div id="additionalsection"></div>

Then add a link to the product description like this:

#additionalsection

Here's a short video: http://recordit.co/x9Zs7WarWh

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.