Acuity Scheduling Added to checkout

Good evening,

I have been trying all day to link the scheduling calendar to my checkout page, giving the customer the opportunity to schedule pick up after all items have been added to cart. Ive been close but no cigar. For some reason I can't edit the checkout page to embed the code. Would anyone have a way to get this done... please and thank you in advance.

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Morenabombshell83 said:

For some reason I can't edit the checkout page to embed the code.

This isn’t possible.  The checkout page is locked down. 
you may find this thread useful:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 5 months later...

Hi Morenabombshell83,

It's indeed impossible to edit the checkout-page – except for adding a form. But to accomplish what you requested —there are a few ways to do this. 

Video: Add Scheduling BEFORE payment / checkout 
for this we'd use code injection to add the scheduling to cart page or replace the Checkout -button on cart page with "Choose pickup time" -button that leads to scheduling.

Video: Add Scheduling AFTER payment / checkout 
This we can do by adding the Scheduling Widget to the Order Confirmed –code injection -field with some jQuery

Video: Sell products via acuity ( works only if you're selling one product per purchase)

Also check this out as it might be helpful for your use-case

Video: Add pickup as delivery in checkout

Other methods not using Acuity/Squarespace Scheduling:

Video: Add date picker to a product

Video: Add date picker to checkout

Use Shopify Pay Button and Shopify Appointment app - However these seem to have the same limit as using Sell products via acuity approach – meaning that you order 1 product and schedule. I might be wrong. I'll look into it. 

More info

You can read my blog post about combining Scheduling with Squarespace Ecommerce Checkout (which I'll try to update) or if you need more help, get in touch with me via https://codeandtonic.com/contact

Edited by codeandtonic

Freelance Squarespace developer making plugins like Full-Width Blocks, Hover effects for grid gallery and the Darkmode plugin. I know Squarespace inside out and I'm able to solve pretty much any Squarespace code problem.

Get in touch here!

• 4 months later...

@Iwan 

Depends heavily on what you want to achieve.

I have a plugin for adding Acuity to Squarespace checkout. It can also be added before checkout. However, in most cases there are better solutions, other platforms that have date picker / scheduling in the checkout. They can be embedded inside Squarespace or in a subdomain (shop.example.com). in 95% of cases these lead to better results and less headaches. 

If you however need any time that's picked by one customer to not be available for others, then we're talking about scheduling, not a date-picker. Then it's best to try to make the sales through Acuity, but if e-commerce and Acuity are needed together you can try my plugin or get in touch if you need 1-on-1 help.

Freelance Squarespace developer making plugins like Full-Width Blocks, Hover effects for grid gallery and the Darkmode plugin. I know Squarespace inside out and I'm able to solve pretty much any Squarespace code problem.

Get in touch here!