Major guidance about Squarespace + JavaScript capabilities

Site URL: https://www.mylastbraincell.org

I'm putting together an educational website (yet to be relased, but www.mylastbraincell.org with password beta-test), but after chatting to a freelance developer it is seeming like I can't produce what I want on SquareSpace. A major capability that I need on my site is interactivity with JavaScript modules, stuff where a student can move things around and observe how the system changes. I've attached a very rough idea of where I wanted to begin with the developer, and I would be so unbelievably appreciative to anyone who can tell me how to achieve this on Squarespace or if I need to start over on a different platform which you build up from nothing. I am in the process of learning JS/CSS/HTML but wanted to begin with general templates to get the interface out of the way while I just did the JS function attached to each button.

SS-1.PNG

SS-2.PNG

30 minutes ago, Curtnos said:

Site URL: https://www.mylastbraincell.org

I'm putting together an educational website (yet to be relased, but www.mylastbraincell.org with password beta-test), but after chatting to a freelance developer it is seeming like I can't produce what I want on SquareSpace. A major capability that I need on my site is interactivity with JavaScript modules, stuff where a student can move things around and observe how the system changes. I've attached a very rough idea of where I wanted to begin with the developer, and I would be so unbelievably appreciative to anyone who can tell me how to achieve this on Squarespace or if I need to start over on a different platform which you build up from nothing. I am in the process of learning JS/CSS/HTML but wanted to begin with general templates to get the interface out of the way while I just did the JS function attached to each button.

SS-1.PNG

SS-2.PNG

To answer your questions

1. Storing file using link editor is a common way, but if you are in development, you can use github to serve the file

2. Add password protect to the page where you want to put the code block and inject the custom code on that page's header instead of the whole site code injection

If your tool not require to store data, then squarespace with code block is good enough, I developed several tool for client myself and it turn out working well

https://violet-primrose-xmws.squarespace.com/pricing

image.thumb.png.66bb91d832fa0e0006ca90608c7c8452.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!