Wholesale Only, Hide Products from Public & Search

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I have asked this in a help chat, but did not receive a way to do it. My client wants to have  wholesale-only products with the wholesale pricing & products hidden from public search. This is such a common dual function for product companies, I'm  puzzled by the inability to hide products from public search and still make them available for purchase on pw protected pages. 

The workaround thus far  is to use the Square and a bunch of emails going back and forth versus just letting wholesale accounts buy from the site.   Anybody have ideas? 

• Solution
On 6/9/2021 at 4:19 PM, flubbingit said:

My client wants to have  wholesale-only products with the wholesale pricing & products hidden from public search. This is such a common dual function for product companies, I'm  puzzled by the inability to hide products from public search and still make them available for purchase on pw protected pages.

If you're using Squarespace 7.1 you should be able to create a password-protected Store page for the wholesale products. Visitors will require the (single, shared) password for this page to be able to view the products or the prices. Have you tried this and experienced difficulties?

Another option, if you want users to have individual logons and passwords (instead of the shared password above) is to place the Store page within a member site instead. However please note that the only way to prevent someone from creating an account on your member site is to require payment to join, or to hide the signup options.

Edited by paul2009
Member Areas became Member Sites

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Two questions:

Could you charge $1000 to become a Member area participant and give your intended clients a Coupon code for $1000?   (That would be keep out consumers) Would this work? I have not subscribed to Member Areas yet.

Are the prices posted on hidden pagesgoing to show up anywhere else via crawlers or other shopping comparison searchers?

Edited by Cortlandt
error
  • 2 months later...

Hey, Etosha from Candid Wholesale here. My company has a Squarespace extension that I think could help you out! It's an easy way to have approved buyers only access your wholesale catalog without setting up two Squarespace stores. Candid syncs your product info, lets you bulk edit both MSRP & wholesale prices, personalize your catalog and then share with buyers – the whole thing usually takes 10-15 minutes. Hopefully this helps you on your wholesale journey! Find us here: www.squarespace.com/extensions/details/candid-wholesale or candidwholesale.com

• 2 years later...

I think I'm looking for the same solution. I want the retail prices to be listed on the storefront, but only able to be purchased when signed in as a wholesale user. Is this an option through Squarespace? Currently doing this using WooCommerce but would like to switch over.

I'm working with a customer who only sells to retailers. (not general public) I want the MSRP to be listed on the public storefront, but only able to be purchased when signed in as a wholesale user. (approved first) Is this an option through Squarespace? Currently doing this using WooCommerce but would like to switch over.