How have you used Google My Business?

Google My Business (GMB) is a free tool for managing the address and information that appears for your company in Google Search and Maps. Is it worth listing your business? The short answer is: yes. You can either set this up directly in Google, or within your Squarespace website you can manage Google My Business via the Marketing > Location Management panel.

Having an additional avenue for your customers to call, email, visit your website, and engage with your business can help boost your search rankings. You can engage with customer reviews, list your contact and business information, and gain insights into local search performance.

You may be asking: what if I don’t have a physical address to list for my business? Well, there are several options available if you want to use Google My Business.

• You can list “I deliver goods and services to my customers" to hide an address
  • The post office can assign a physical address to a P.O. box upon request
  • You can rent a mailbox at a private delivery company that offers the same option

Have you leveraged Google My Business for your own website? Any insights gained from it’s additional analytics? Let us know in a comment below how GMB has worked for you!

Note that Location Management is a Premium feature available in Business and Commerce plans. Only site owners and contributors with Admin permissions can make changes to Location Management.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Google My Business is a tool used for Local SEO. There are many advantages of using Google My Business:

• It will boost your Local SEO.
  • It will help customers find your Business on a Map.
  • Allow people to leave Google My Business Review.
  • Communicate with your customers.
  • It's a free SEO Tool.

To learn more about Google My Business, you should join SEO Training. After the training, you can take full advantage of Google My Business and improve your local SEO.