What are your favorite SEO copywriting tips?

Hi!

Here are a few things I recommend.

1. Keyword research: Pinpoint 3 -5 keywords per page. I recommend using Google Search Console to learn what your audience is searching for.

2. Optimize your meta data: This includes meta titles, meta descriptions, and image alt tags. Include your keywords, but write naturally — don't keyword-stuff!

3. Create engaging content: Your content should be useful and engaging, on topics your audience will want to click on and read. Remember to use your keywords in posts.

4. Backlinks: These are links to your site from other sites, and quality backlinks increase your domain ranking. One way to to gain backlinks is to ask others with a similar audience to share content about your business or an interview with you on their blog.

5. Internal linking: Develop an internal linking strategy. Multiple internal links to a page tells Google that the page is important, and it will rank higher in search engines. 

6. Keep an eye on SEO errors: This can be things like broken pages, URL redirects, and disorganized headings. 

7. Build with speed in mind: No one likes a slow site, and your audience are likely to click away quickly is your site loads slowly. 

6. Use tools: Tools like Ahrefs are really useful to determine your domain authority, pinpoint SEO errors, and suggest strategies for internal linking. 

Any questions, let me know!

— Hannah 

Sisu Templates

Edited by sisutemplates

A brand designer & strategist creating brands that bridge the gaps between artistry, strategy, and thoughtful consideration. Creator of Studio Founded, a digital resource library for purposeful business owners. 
💻 Shop Squarespace Templates
✍️ Curated Business Resources

🥰 Complimentary Downloadables
🤍 Bespoke Branding & Websites

Links in my posts may be affiliate links.

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2021 at 9:57 PM, Jo_SQSP said:

SEO is all about doing what you can to ensure your content is a top result in searches for relevant keywords. Solid SEO copy helps your intended audience find  your site in the first place, pulling in those most likely to engage with your content and convert from visitors into customers. Working on your SEO copywriting is a great way to ensure your site ends up in front of the people who need or want it the most.

Ultimately, you want to create content that is useful to your customers. An easy way to get started is by researching what customers are asking you specifically (via your customer service or socials) or what people are asking Google about your keywords. You can do this by searching a related keyword and looking at the ‘People also ask’ box.

Once you know what information would be most useful, take the time to outline your content. This will help you keep your writing focused and avoid losing your readers through superfluous tangents. Consider using questions as headers where you can, to enforce the idea that you are providing answers. 

What have you found most impactful when tackling SEO copywriting? Share your favorite tips in the comments below!

I have found looking at the supply vs demand for a keyword has been massively influential in my SEO work.

There's little point going for highly competitive keywords straight away - by using SEO tools out there to find keywords with low competition and decent search volumes, I have massively grown my sites and clients' sites.

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

• 2 weeks later...

The best tip out there is to focus on creating helpful content. That's what matters to both people and search engines. However, there's a little catch. If you don't work on the off-page SEO, you won't even have a chance to someone read your content. Helpful content is not really helpful if no one reads it. 

• Jo_SQSP unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

Copywriting is the art of persuasion and SEO Copywriting is the art that persuades both the crawler/search engine and well as the end user. It's important to perform a keyword research but equally (if not more) important to understand the intent based on that keyword. Once identified, you stick to these 9 pointers.

1. Keeping it focused.

2. Being clear and concise

3. Write like you speak (very important when the world finally moves to voice search)

4. Appeal to emotion

5. Usage of STRONG verbs

6. Being Persuasive

7. Telling a story

8. Being unique

9. Testing out your copy

I personally believe there isn't much new information out there today. Its practically the same information on every website BUT the difference maker between success and failure is the way the information is conveyed!

I wrote a guide (a pretty long one) on copywriting a few months back, you can check it out if you would like to explore more about copywriting in general.