Feedback on a higher education consultant website

Good job @Rainmaker (hehe, nice name)! Especially for being your first website! I like that it feels so "light".

A few improvements:

1. Definitely agree with adding a short video introduction, good idea.
  2. The fonts and font sizes are good I think. However, would be nice if the "KEYNOTE SPEAKER - ONLINE EDUCATION..." at the bottom had smaller spacing (more normal spacing). It would increase readability.
  3. It would be nice to have another photo. Maybe if you add the video, you can use the photo of you a bit further down in the text.

Good luck with your consulting business!😊

- Rasmus Myhrberg, Founder of Spark Plugin

Spark Plugin – The Ultimate Design Toolkit for Squarespace

• Susana_SQSP changed the title to Feedback on a higher education consultant website
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

It looks good. Very professional and clean. The only criticism I have is that the menu is hard to read in places due to the underlying image not having enough contrast or being too busy. Maybe tint the image a little or add a background colour/gradient on the header section? You might lose that clean look though which would be annoying 😞

At first glance very nice site.

I am going to nit pick

This is my opinion based that I am a graphic / UX/UI designer and seeing the website from a user perspective. Please take feedback as an opinion and not facts

1. Footer
    1. While I love minimalism, have your contact details in your footer as Google will crawl footers and headers for SEO purposes. Numbers, name and address are some things Google will look for.
      1. Users also usually go to the footer for contact information
  2. "Services" Page
    1. "Learn more about it" as a button seems too long. Usually a short button will be suffice like "Learn more". Remember, people are lazy and trying convey the message without telling alot
    2. Header linkers hover animation, with the other pages when you hover the mouse over the links, it turns into a different colour, use the same process in this page. Hovering over a link and it doesn't do anything even though the cursor changes into a hand, most people like animation
  3. You don't need a "home" link in your nav bar. Your left name logo will be the home link. Most users know the logo is a home link
  4. "DR. DANIEL IBARRONDO", try create a unique typeface logo for your name. You have sans-serif font in the home page while the Nav bar font is serif and your video shows script.... they are three different looks and feel. Try be consistent with visuals, all typeface has a feel to them. All 3 are sending mix messages to me if you are serious, fun, casual or have authority.