Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Extra, blank option showing on dropdown on Forms

Question

Hello,

I have options presented in my dropdown menu, but Squarespace is adding an additional, blank option/line item that cannot be selected (that part is good, at least). However, IMO, it looks unprofessional, and is therefore driving me crazy lol.

Does anyone know how to fix this with any type of coding? Seems like a bug to me but not sure if a genius has a solution? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

TIA! 

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 9.17.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 9.19.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 9.20.08 AM.png

4 answers to this question

The optgroup hack is to attempt to fix an issue on iOS (iPhone/Safari) and select menus getting cut off (extending beyond the right of the screen). Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

form .select optgroup {

display : none;

}

This is all a bit of a hack so do check on iOS if you can to make sure all is well with your select menus.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

I am having the same issue. The page in question for us is https://www.oakdalefusion.com/camper-registration

Specifically in the Camper Information form, the fields for 'Grade Completed' and 'T-shirt Size' are both dropdowns that are leaving an extra option. 

Inspecting the element doesn't show an extra option, but it does have an 'optgroup' at the bottom with a blank label. 

dropdown.png

On 5/29/2021 at 12:22 AM, creedon said:

The optgroup hack is to attempt to fix an issue on iOS (iPhone/Safari) and select menus getting cut off (extending beyond the right of the screen). Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

form .select optgroup {

display : none;

}

This is all a bit of a hack so do check on iOS if you can to make sure all is well with your select menus.

Let us know how it goes.

This worked for desktop and iOS! Thank you!!!!!