Gallery Grid: Masonry ~ How to stop image cropping?

Hi there,

I've just started building my photography portfolio using the Gallery Grid: Masonry option. However it seems to be cropping my images in a weird way. (E.g. some portrait orientation images are being cropped as landscape).

Is there anyway to stop this happening and keep the aspect ratios as per the images?

I have seen a photographer's website who seems to have achieved what I'm after, so I'm wondering if she's used custom coding? See her squarespace site here: http://charlottelapalus.com/

Many thanks in advance,

Zoe

• Replies 3
  • Views 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlotte is using the Squarespace 7.0  Wexley template. I have two sites built on the same one. I choose them due to the fact they are optimized, so to speak, for photographers without the use of custom css.  What template are you using? This information is necessary to help answer your request because 7.0 templates are very different from each other and from 7.1, with different cropping/gallery options. 

Here is one of my Wexley Sites: https://christinegregoryphotography.com/

Edited by derricksrandomviews

Hi there,

Ah that's great, thanks very much!

I'm on a professional photography course at the moment and we're on the web design module this weekend.

The tutor told us to use Balboa to start building our sites. Is it possible to switch it over to Wexley?

Many thanks for your help!

Zoe

On 5/16/2021 at 11:44 PM, zoenina said:

Hi there,

Ah that's great, thanks very much!

I'm on a professional photography course at the moment and we're on the web design module this weekend.

The tutor told us to use Balboa to start building our sites. Is it possible to switch it over to Wexley?

Many thanks for your help!

Zoe

Hi. Depend your template. Can you share link to your site? We can check template name easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)