How to remove/delete non-customer profiles (emails, etc.)?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution
1 hour ago, jennifer.sailtrim said:

I'm trying to remove non-customer, in active profiles from site.

It is not possible to delete profiles from the Profiles panel.

749771541_tip-cannotdeleteprofiles.thumb.png.4bea6bf0985f49de59c6c5b5ed60c7ab.png

For more information see the article The Profiles panel or contact Squarespace Customer Care. You can reach out to them here.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This is utterly ridiculous. I was building out a campaign, adding in contacts manually when I realised that the email names were pre-loaded from a previous test and would completely mess up the campaign I was planning on building out. I was even going to pay for a google workspace email to avoid flagging as spam when sending my campaign out.

I cannot believe that there is no option to edit the names of subscribers or remove subscribers if there is a problem with the formatting of the name of a subscriber. Utter madness, squarespace. Shame on you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

From simple database control to HIPAA to plain marketing, the Profiles aspect is clean but sucks on so many levels.

1. Can't delete a profile? I have an individual profile that showed up but have no clue where it came from... can't remove.
  2. I want to upload profiles but can only upload name and email? Why can't I bulk add tags? I can download the profiles with all historic info, the reverse should be available as well.
  3. Would LOVE to sell database aspect within Squarespace, but the lack of controls over the info keeps me from fully advertising this add-on. Would love to see a built in database feature IF we want SS to be an all-in-one tool.
  • 6 months later...

I'm aware this is a necro post, but seriously. This.

I have multiple customers and profiles from people in the EU, and I'm going to be in serious hot water if I can't delete their profiles.

This seriously sucks. Do better, Squarespace.

Edited by Alyx
  • 1 month later...
On 6/5/2023 at 6:51 PM, Alyx said:

I'm aware this is a necro post, but seriously. This.

I have multiple customers and profiles from people in the EU, and I'm going to be in serious hot water if I can't delete their profiles.

This seriously sucks. Do better, Squarespace.

Best you could do is just download your subscribers as a .csv, remove who you don't want to contact anymore, and reupload it as your main emailing list.

This could be annoying if the issue of wanted someone removed comes up a lot, but for just one person every once in a while, then...it's still annoying lol.

• 3 months later...

If you're looking to remove a subscriber from your list, here's a quick guide on how to do it:

Head over to the 'Marketing' tab and click on 'Contacts'.

Browse through your contacts and click on the subscriber you'd like to delete.

A profile pane will appear on the right side of the screen. Here, click on 'Full Profile' at the top.

Scroll down to the bottom of the full profile view, and you'll see the 'Delete Profile' option.

Click that, and you're done!

I ran into this same issue before and didn't find an answer here, so I thought I'd share the steps that worked for me. Hope this helps you out!