Subscriptions Need Polish (badly)

Site URL: https://www.tristarbincleaning.com

We use SS commerce for home services. We have ONE "item" that people can purchase, but several subscription products. It works really well. The bones of this system is good.

The biggest problems:

If somebody's credit card gets compromised or expires, they have to update their card. Good luck. So far we have had exactly TWO customers over 7months pull this off successfully. Everyone else updates the card in their account (NOT in their subscription) and the end result is that the subscription gets cancelled 10 days later. SS does not make this process clear and we are losing customers because of it.

We cannot change prices on subscriptions. Say we want to lower our subscription price to beat a competitor. Can't do it. Well, you can, but you have to cancel everybody's subscription and then entice them to re-subscribe. You should NEVER force somebody to cancel their account o change the price. Think what would happen if Netflix cancelled everybody's account when they raised the subscription price. 

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to work around these? SS is zero help. They respond that this is the way the system is designed and if we want we can enter a feature request. (done and done, no response…)

• Replies 2
  • Views 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Squarespace's subscription feature is SEVERELY lacking. quite frankly, i don't know how they could even continue offering this feature when it so obviously incomplete...and continually ignore their paying customers' requests after having identified where the feature falls short. it's unbelievable how unresponsive they are and incredibly slow to implement features that their customers have been begging for for years.

i have been using MoonClerk to manage my subscriptions - super easy! and if you have existing subscribers whose recurring price you want to change (like lower), you would simply need to find their name/email address under the Plan tab and click on edit. no need to make them cancel their current subscriptions. 

Edited by sruss76
17 minutes ago, sruss76 said:

Squarespace's subscription feature is SEVERELY lacking. quite frankly, i don't know how they could even continue offering this feature when it so obviously incomplete...and continually ignore their paying customers' requests after having identified where the feature falls short. it's unbelievable how unresponsive they are and incredibly slow to implement features that their customers have been begging for for years.

i have been using MoonClerk to manage my subscriptions - super easy! and if you have existing subscribers whose recurring price you want to change (like lower), you would simply need to find their name/email address under the Plan tab and click on edit. no need to make them cancel their current subscriptions. 

Thank you, I will check MoonClerk out!