Duplicating content from one domain to another

Go to solution Solved by Susana_SQSP,

Site URL: http://darrylvance.com

Hello, I have an author client I created a site for on a Squarespace domain to sell his book.  At this point it is still in the build mode, but a lot of the design is in place.   The client now wants to change the title of the book, and so the website.  He has bought another Squarespace domain with the new title.  My question is, can I duplicate the content on the old site onto the new one without having to re-build it? 

Thanks so much for any help.

Hi Susana,

Thanks for your quick response.  It appears that I will have to duplicate the site as a free trial and then upgrade it to a paid account.  I (or rather, my client) already has a paid account that he would like to duplicate his old site to.  Might there be a way to either transfer directly to his new paid account or upgrade the free site directly to the new paid account?

Hey @darrylv

You are very welcome! 🙂

The duplicated site indeed starts in a free trial that would need to be upgraded to paid service. At moment, there isn't a way to transfer subscriptions between sites, so the process will always encompass canceling the old site, upgrading the new duplicated site to paid service and moving any eventual custom domain(s) over to the new site. 

If the old site is under an annual subscription, you can fill out a refund form after you have canceled it. Depending on the amount of time left in the subscription, you may be eligible for a prorated refund.

Please, contact Customer Support for personalized assistance on the best way to go about this and/or any follow-up questions. 

• 2 years later...

Hi Susana, my wife created a website and paid for a subscription for that, then paid for a custom domain within squarespace. But the custom domain is sitting beside the paid for website (which has one of those default squarespace domains) and has its own dummy trial website attached to it, not the paid for website. How can I get the custom domain across? When I try to move the domain it wont let me as it says the domain is being used already?

Could I do the reverse and move the data from the created website to fill the dummy trial one (with custom domain attached) and then pay for a subscription to make the trial an active?