Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
  • 0

Different caption treatments within a gallery


Question

Site URL: https://koi-brass-wxnc.squarespace.com/home

hi I am wondering if you can turn off the caption on a single image within a gallery, keeping the style on the remaining images.

Specifically on my site's Choreography page, the image that says "choreographic selections" - I want to just have it sit there as a title slate. Or i could make a new image with the title on it but i would still need to turn off the caption hover on that image. 

is it possible? thanks for any suggestions you might have 

kathleen

ps password is Callahan100%

Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 2.52.06 PM.png

Link to comment
  • Answers 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
18 hours ago, kathleenmsmith said:

thanks so much.  and how would i fix the footer for tablet?

also, could the page code that changes the colour on the header also change the footer? e.g. 

image.png.5e3731ea4c35b59f460f1b7914fda169.png

<style>

footer#footer{

background-color: green !importants;

}

</style>

What problem with footer?

With footer, try

<style>
  footer.sections, footer.sections .section-background {
  	background: green !important;
  }
</style>

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* Fix tablet home */
@media screen and (max-width:991px) and (min-width:768px) {
[data-section-id="60be5eaeb1ec0237fd9c2ef3"] {
    min-height: 90vh !important;
}
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0

hey tuanphan, 

that works but now when i adjust the size of the desktop screen, the following happens (see screenshot). is there anyway to just get rid of that ugly beige completely across all screen sizes (i don't see it on mobile, just when i adjust my desktop screen size) ? 

Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 8.52.25 AM.png

Link to comment
  • 0
On 6/22/2021 at 7:55 PM, kathleenmsmith said:

hey tuanphan, 

that works but now when i adjust the size of the desktop screen, the following happens (see screenshot). is there anyway to just get rid of that ugly beige completely across all screen sizes (i don't see it on mobile, just when i adjust my desktop screen size) ? 

Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 8.52.25 AM.png

I think the only way is change its background color. What do you think?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0

yes. fixed this - thanks so much tuanphan.

i have another tricky problem with the performance portfolio section of the Chartier site (screenshot attached). I want to turn off the portfolio pages for all but the last title ("performance practice"). so the waterfall effect of images on the portfolio cover page would remain on hover, but clicking on the titles wouldn't take you anywhere (ie there would be no click-through to a page EXCEPT for the last title which would click through to a page). can you help me find a solution for this?

https://koi-brass-wxnc.squarespace.com/

Callahan100%

section: Performance

cheers

k

Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 3.15.44 PM.png

Link to comment
  • 0
On 7/13/2021 at 2:20 AM, kathleenmsmith said:

yes. fixed this - thanks so much tuanphan.

i have another tricky problem with the performance portfolio section of the Chartier site (screenshot attached). I want to turn off the portfolio pages for all but the last title ("performance practice"). so the waterfall effect of images on the portfolio cover page would remain on hover, but clicking on the titles wouldn't take you anywhere (ie there would be no click-through to a page EXCEPT for the last title which would click through to a page). can you help me find a solution for this?

https://koi-brass-wxnc.squarespace.com/

Callahan100%

section: Performance

cheers

k

Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 3.15.44 PM.png

Hi. Your site is private. Can you setup password & share url again?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0
17 hours ago, kathleenmsmith said:

https://koi-brass-wxnc.squarespace.com/

password is Callahan100%

You mean disable title click for all titles, except Performance Practice?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0
On 7/16/2021 at 5:25 PM, kathleenmsmith said:

yes that's it.

Add to Settings > Advanced > Code injection > Footer

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
  $(document).ready(function() {
	$('li:not(:last-child) a.portfolio-hover-item').removeAttr('href');
});
</script>

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0
1 hour ago, kathleenmsmith said:

hey thanks

we're not on a premium plan though. is there a different way to do this? and I just want to do this on the performance section, not site-wide.

k

Edit Footer >> Add a Markdown Block >> Paste this new code

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
  $(document).ready(function() {
	$('body#collection-5eb577db476d335a0f3fcddf li:not(:last-child) a.portfolio-hover-item').removeAttr('href');
});
</script>

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0

hi tuanphan and, as always, thanks so much for the help. as part of the above adjustment, i am now wondering how i might hide the back button for "Fracas" from the performance practice page but not remove the item from the portfolio.  see attached image.

so when someone clicks performance practice on the portfolio cover page it goes to a single page of text. hope i am making it clear?!

thanks again 

Kathleen

https://koi-brass-wxnc.squarespace.com/

password is Callahan100%

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 11.36.32 AM.png

Link to comment
  • 0
On 9/4/2021 at 9:37 PM, kathleenmsmith said:

hi tuanphan and, as always, thanks so much for the help. as part of the above adjustment, i am now wondering how i might hide the back button for "Fracas" from the performance practice page but not remove the item from the portfolio.  see attached image.

so when someone clicks performance practice on the portfolio cover page it goes to a single page of text. hope i am making it clear?!

thanks again 

Kathleen

https://koi-brass-wxnc.squarespace.com/

password is Callahan100%

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 11.36.32 AM.png

Hi,

You mean hide "Fracas, the citizen.." in bottom of your screenshot?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
  • 0
14 hours ago, kathleenmsmith said:

yes that's it. just hide it, without removing the portfolio item

k

Add to Design > Custom CSS

.item-pagination[data-collection-type^="portfolio"] {
    display: none;
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment


×
×
  • Create New...