@hasher22 I have mixed feelings about your website, but like it for the most part! 😊

Here are some thoughts:

• My first impression was that the website was good-looking!
  • Change the first image to a cake. To really show what the customer will get.
  • Change the "About me" image to a photo of yourself. It will be more personal.
  • Do not use black and white photos - with color look more tempting.

Good luck with the launch!😃

- Rasmus Myhrberg, Founder of Spark Plugin

Spark Plugin – The Ultimate Design Toolkit for Squarespace

13 hours ago, Spark_plugin said:

Here are some thoughts:

thanks for the feedback!

I will def. take in your feedback as I was playing around with CSS and images. Haha yeah my profile pic needs to be me, that was a placeholder, forgot to mention.

I signed up to your spark plugin as well!

Hello, just had a quick look - overall it's a good website.

•  'About' section, you should add a bit more of a background story, e.g. how you got into baking, why you love it, etc so your customers can relate.
  • Make sure to check with alignment, idk if it is just my screen but where 'Why choose Onxy Lab?' is, all the text is not aligned with each other.
  • Definitely recommend adding a block on your home page that is linked to your instagram so people can keep update with your most recent stock and see how your cakes appear, esp. if people have special requests (and it means you wouldn't need to constantly be updating your website to fit in with the endless possibilities)
  • Checked your social media, links work well but definitely start thinking about building up your social media before launching the website. 

Totally off topic, how did you add a username to your fb business page? It keeps saying I'm not eligible? I can't figure out if it's a glitch or I haven't fulfilled a certain criteria. 

Good luck with everything 🙂 

15 hours ago, Ecold said:

Hello, just had a quick look - overall it's a good website.

Thanks!

I just started the business and still waiting of a new items to make the cakes and start my insta!

1. Oh yes, agree. This was on the cards, you didn't know cause I never said anything in my OP
  2. I double check alignment, showing ok in most responsive dimensions when i view it in developer mode in Firefox. Ill check again
  3. As yes, sure! One of my questions i had. Since I haven't started making the cakes, I will def. add a instagram block 🙂
  4. Sure

Great tips! Thanks!

Also I just created a business facebook account through my personal facebook and assigned /onyxlab.cakes as onyx.lab was taken. I assume it just happens to be my username?