Is there a way to subdivide, or otherwise modify an index page? Perhaps embed multiple indexes on one page?

Site URL: https://www.skrfilms.com

Hey all,

I'm a filmmaker, who uses an Index page to display previews of my videos, which are each hosted on their own individual page. These pages host the full video and additional information about the project.

You can see what I mean here: www.skrfilms.com

However, as my portfolio expands, I'd like to somehow subdivide the main index page into categories, like 'commercial', 'animation', 'narrative,' etc. I'm thinking it would look like a dividing line that separates the grids into categories.

Effectively, I'd be combining multiple indexes onto one hosting page, so that as you scrolled down you'd reveal more indexes with their own unique category grids of projects. I hope that makes sense - you can see what I mean on my live website at www.skrfilms.com.

Is there any way to do this? 

Thank you!

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @sagikr

While currently there isn't a way under Squarespace's built-in features to format an Index Page the way you're describing, you might want to consider using a Layout Page instead and then manually create thumbnail image navigation, using galleries with images' clickthrough URLs, for example. That would give you flexibility for a more customized "Index Page" layout. 

If you have any further questions about this setup, I'd recommend reaching out to the Squarespace Customer Support team for personalized assistance. 

• 2 years later...
On 2/18/2024 at 9:46 PM, alexandreqrzt said:

How did you make these curved edges and the function of clicking to open the video?

That site is not Squarespace, but if you share link to your site, we can give CSS code to achieve curved edges.

With click open video lightbox, you will need to use a plugin

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)