Custom CSS for Parallax Effect on Slideshow, Squarespace 7.1

Site URL: https://www.aditya-sinha.com/

Hi, I am looking to create a parallax effect (through Squarespace style options or Custom CSS) on the slideshow at the top of my homepage. Basically, when scrolling down on the page, I want the header to disappear first and then the lower section to come up (thus achieving a parallax/tilt up effect on the slideshow where it moves slower than the text on screen). 

I managed to add tilt up to other sections with an image background that gives the illusion of parallax but the same option is not available for Slideshows. If @tuanphanor anyone else can help me with the same that would be really helpful! No Javascript code injection please ☹️ Thanks again!

Password for access: tester

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Hi. Try this guide.

Hi @tuanphan, the guide does not seem to help. I've tried all options mentioned in the guide to the best of my abilities but it does not seem to work on the slideshow at the top of my homepage. 

Perhaps I am adapting the code wrong, let me know if you can help in any way to achieve that kind of parallax effect for the slideshow. Thanks!

Extremely frustrating to have this new trend in site design unavailable for our clients. I have clients requesting this feature and the tilt action does not quite cut it. I too would love any insight as to whether Squarespace is working to make capable a true parallax effect anytime soon.

• 1 year later...
On 5/8/2021 at 3:04 PM, kllopez said:

Extremely frustrating to have this new trend in site design unavailable for our clients. I have clients requesting this feature and the tilt action does not quite cut it. I too would love any insight as to whether Squarespace is working to make capable a true parallax effect anytime soon.

Several of my clients have jumped to WIX because of this!!!! The so called NEW 7.1 "TILT" feature is not even close to a parallax feature.  I have since found a code inject for Parallax but it has caused a few issues with social icons disappearing.  I can only imagine how many SquareSpace designers have asked for them to implement Parallax. It's Ridiculous!