How can I customize the appearance of a redirect page?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Briajean said:

I currently have a photo that appears as a "redirect" after form submission.  But I'd like the image to be smaller and I would like the background (the space surrounding the image) to be white instead of black.

This is because you are redirecting to an image file (horse.jpeg) and not another Squarespace page. If you use a Squarespace page, you'll be able to control the layout.

To do this:

1. Create a new page to contain the image.
  2. As you are using Squarespace 7.1, add an 'Empty' section to the page.
  3. Add the image using an Image Block.
  4. Add Spacer Blocks on either side of the image if you want it to be smaller. See Moving blocks to customize layouts.
  5. Save the page and note down the link, for example /thank-you.
  6. Return to your Form Block on the Contact page and change the redirect, so that it links to the new page (/thank-you) instead of the jpeg image.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you so much for this.  I really appreciate it.

Now I have a follow up question: 

When someone clicks the SEND button to submit the form I want this image to come up immediately.  But of course redirecting to another Squarespace page is going to create a bit of a delay.  I can live with it I guess.  But how do I eliminate the form box that comes up first (after hitting submit)?  There are so many hiccups before getting to the image I want - nothing smooth about it.