Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

changing the format of blog post date

Site URL: https://www.makikohastings.com/journal

Hi, I'm looking for the way to change how to show the date on blog post on 7.1 version. 

On Thumbnail page, there are automatically showing a full set of dates in US format, which is month/ date/ year.  

Then on the actual blog post, it only shows month/ date (e.g. Apr 5)

1) I would like to change the order into UK format (date / month / year) 

2) I would like to use the same format within the actual blog post

I have contacted helpline but they told me that this is fixed and not adjustable. Surely this is a basic requirement and 7.0 version used to be able to change. Could anyone able to help me in this? Thank you. 

Screenshot 2021-04-30 at 10.44.29.png

Screenshot 2021-04-30 at 10.33.58.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Site URL: https://www.makikohastings.com/journal Hi, I'm looking for the way to change how to show the date on blog post on 7.1 version.  On Thumbnail page, there are automatically showing a fu

I have the same problem! 

I have a related–but different–problem: I cannot get my blog post dates to be visible. It's like the color of the font is set to white, but I've tried every possible switch in design to no avail.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 1:48 AM, envoyfinancial said:

I have a related–but different–problem: I cannot get my blog post dates to be visible. It's like the color of the font is set to white, but I've tried every possible switch in design to no avail.

Can you share link to blog page?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 4:45 PM, maki said:

Site URL: https://www.makikohastings.com/journal

Hi, I'm looking for the way to change how to show the date on blog post on 7.1 version. 

On Thumbnail page, there are automatically showing a full set of dates in US format, which is month/ date/ year.  

Then on the actual blog post, it only shows month/ date (e.g. Apr 5)

1) I would like to change the order into UK format (date / month / year) 

2) I would like to use the same format within the actual blog post

I have contacted helpline but they told me that this is fixed and not adjustable. Surely this is a basic requirement and 7.0 version used to be able to change. Could anyone able to help me in this? Thank you. 

Screenshot 2021-04-30 at 10.44.29.png

Screenshot 2021-04-30 at 10.33.58.png

Did you use 7.1 template, try my solution 

Blog collection page - move metadata to bottom + reformat date (7.1) - Coding and Customization - Squarespace Forum

date format for your case is: 

"dd/mm/yyyy"

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Portfolio hover Replace Link Style
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you