• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Turn off orders at a certain time

sundog

Question

Site URL: https://www.sundogbread.com/preorder

Hi! Is it possible to turn off ordering for all products within a category at a specific time? We are a market bakery that turn off online orders at 10am twice a week, Wednesday (category) and Friday (category). Right now I am manually changing the inventory to 0 for those items, so anything that will be less time consuming will be helpful. 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

You can use CSS to remove all add to cart button on Preorder shop page

Add this code to Pre order page header (Hover Preorder on Not linked or Main Navigation > Click Gear Icon > Advanced)

<style>
  .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper {
    display: none !important;
}
</style>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Custom Popup - Testimonial Slider

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

18 hours ago, sundog said:

Is it possible to turn off ordering for all products within a category at a specific time?

You can prevent customers from adding products to the cart by hiding the 'Add to Cart' buttons (as suggested above) but be aware of one limitation. It won't prevent customers from checking out with any goods they've already added to the cart.

Products remain in the cart indefinitely unless goods are removed from sale (products deleted or stock zeroed) so the only foolproof way to prevent purchase is to set the inventory to zero - as you are doing already.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.