Embed block showing as null

I don't know if this is related but earlier today I was working with a code block. I had emptied the content and and null showed up like in your image.

I think this must be a bug because I don't recall ever seeing this before.

1041112263_ScreenShot2021-04-27at7_16_17PM.png.4f90ea810f893335eff079bb45d44987.png

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 4/28/2021 at 2:41 PM, creedon said:

I don't know if this is related but earlier today I was working with a code block. I had emptied the content and and null showed up like in your image.

I think this must be a bug because I don't recall ever seeing this before.

Same problem here, last week. Then I fixed. And now I forgot how I handled it ☹️

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

I am having the same exact problem. I think its a squarespace issue as, just troubleshooting, I tried to embed another squarespace URL I work on in my problem area on, with "null" as the response....

The chat agent did not know what 'Null" meant either. just said that it must not be oEmbed code.

Edited by Jeremy-Developer
typo
On 4/27/2021 at 10:21 PM, Runner42 said:

Site URL: http://www.giantrobot.club/fan-art-gallery

Whenever I try to embed content from another site on page, it says "successfully located" but then the actual block just comes up "Null".  I've tried this with facebook posts, deviantart links, a few other random sites, and it always gives me the same issue.

null embed.PNG

Has there been any resolution to this? I am attempting to embed code to featured MLS listings and it says "successfully located' but the content block says "null"...

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, paperseasondesigns said:

I am having the same issues. For more than 2 years I post twice a week on a blog with embedded codes via embed block (or code block). Everything worked very well until yesterday. Support says they cannot support this type of issue 🙄... I am lost.

Does anybody have any workaround?

Can you share link to page where you have problem?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

7 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Can you share link to page where you have problem?

I have an update: I went through all posts and there’s one where one of the images shows up; and another post - and all the others posted before that - the images are working. So, definitely it’s on the code source side, not Squarespace. Even the pure URL inside the code is not bringing the image (it should)

Thank you, @tuanphan!!!

Edited by paperseasondesigns

On 6/10/2021 at 7:24 PM, paperseasondesigns said:

I have an update: I went through all posts and there’s one where one of the images shows up; and another post - and all the others posted before that - the images are working. So, definitely it’s on the code source side, not Squarespace. Even the pure URL inside the code is not bringing the image (it should)

Thank you, @tuanphan!!!

Hi, not sure how you come to that conclusion. We got this error now today after editing an "embed" block, using the same URL as before. Suddenly it says null. So for me it's obviously a Squarespace issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone!

I had the same problem but looks like it only happens if you use the url. Therefore you have to embed the code ONLY. It will pop up with script disabled but thats because you cant view it in edit mode of the website, so go to the actual url and it should be there!

Hope this works for at least one person! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes guys. Thanks edenranell, you are right.  I found the solution, too.

After you choose embed, paste in the URL.  If nothing shows up, click the "</>" next to the url white space.  That actually opens up a blank code box.  Copy the code of the object you are embedding and apply.  You will see the display say "Script disabled."  But don't worry.  Open a new window in another browser with your account logged out and visit your page.  you will see the object showing.  This is actually found in Squarespace's help section as below:

1. Enter the URL of the item you're embedding. You'll need a URL from a site that uses the oEmbed standard.
  2. If the content doesn't appear, click </> in the block editor on a computer (or Code in the Squarespace app) and paste an embed code manually into the text field.  

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543617