Gallery beside text - removing padding using css

Site URL: https://rebecca-stott.squarespace.com/ghostwalk

Hi all, 

On this page, I wanted to align a gallery to sit alongside some text to show the authors book covers alongside an introduction to their book. I thought this would be possible in Squarespace but I had to use a gallery (section - which can't be inserted into text) to achieve this.

I have managed to get the gallery alongside this using some custom css (found here - https://www.rebeccagracedesigns.com/blog/add-text-beside-gallery-in-squarespace) however as you can see there is a considerable amount of inner right padding on the text section that is scrunching the text up, making it look strange. I would like to decrease this padding so that there is more text per line and it reaches further across the page.

I have played around with css trying to target the gallery padding etc. and have also looked in site styles to no avail.

Is anyone able to help me?

The url is above, and the password is test4545

Thank you

Tom

• Replies 8
  • Views 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the reply - Yes that's the one.

The main issue is the padding between the text and image, but the padding below the image too could probably be reduced (could I change this in the gallery settings, or is it CSS too?).

Thank you

Tom

8 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Add to Design > Custom CSS

.gallery-slideshow-item img {
    width: 100% !important;
    height: auto !important;
    left: 0 !important;
}
.gallery-slideshow {
    max-width: unset !important;
    padding: 10px !important;
}

Thank you Tuan, Didn't quite work, see site for what it has done. Wanted to see text spill over more not make image larger. Can you help?

Tom

On 5/1/2021 at 1:18 AM, TWTW said:

Thank you Tuan, Didn't quite work, see site for what it has done. Wanted to see text spill over more not make image larger. Can you help?

Tom

You can edit the width of 2 sections in your code.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

6 hours ago, tuanphan said:

You can edit the width of 2 sections in your code.

That doesn't seem to work to reduce the white space though, unless I am doing something wrong and you can show me?

Thanks

Tom

Edited by TWTW