I want mydomain.com/blog to appear to users as blog.mydomain.com

• Replies 5
  • Views 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ikhlaas said:

I want mydomain.com/blog to appear to users as blog.mydomain.com

Can you explain why you want to do this? It's only necessary to do this if you host the blog on a separate hosting platform to the rest of the website. A subdomain won't offer any SEO advantages.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 4/25/2021 at 5:40 AM, paul2009 said:

Can you explain why you want to do this? It's only necessary to do this if you host the blog on a separate hosting platform to the rest of the website. A subdomain won't offer any SEO advantages.

why not? its a more established look, its more options for users, its less constrained, you can coordinate different sections to your website...why not....is it possible?

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, AndynewbieH said:

I want to have a sub-domain as a landing page so the customer only sees that URL and then a link to the main site within that landing page. 

Subdomains are necessary when you need to host parts of your online solution on different platforms. For example, Squarespace host their website on www.squarespace.com, they host their forum on Invision Community using the subdomain forum.squarespace.com and they host a blog on a separate website using the domain newsroom.squarespace.com

If you want to host your landing page on a different platform like Unbounce then a subdomain will be perfect  and will be very easy to set up. However, subdomains make no sense for use with pages that are hosted on the same platform. For this reason, Squarespace doesn't provide a feature that allows you to use a subdomain for a page on the same website. Instead, you can link to the landing page by referencing the page slug, like mywebsite.com/landingpage.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.