Jump to content

how to add different image formats in product category page?

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://www.eleonorebuschinger.com/printing

hey there - some of the product images listed on my product page have a landscape format, other a portrait format? is this possible to combine both on the category page in order not to crop the images?

here a link to the product page where now all product images follow a landscape format and therefore all portrait images are getting cropped: https://www.eleonorebuschinger.com/printing

thank you in advance for your help, 

eleonore

Link to comment
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/25/2021 at 4:17 AM, tuanphan said:

Hi. Try adding to Design > Custom CSS




/* product images */
.products.collection-content-wrapper .grid-item .grid-image-cover {
    object-fit: contain !important;
}

 

It worked - thank you SO much!!! Really appreciate it. Have a great day, Eleonore

Link to comment
On 4/25/2021 at 4:17 AM, tuanphan said:

Hi. Try adding to Design > Custom CSS


/* product images */
.products.collection-content-wrapper .grid-item .grid-image-cover {
    object-fit: contain !important;
}

 

do you know if there is a way to do the same thing for images in quick view? meaning also have the format maintained and not zoomed so that you can see the whole image

Link to comment
3 hours ago, eleonore said:

do you know if there is a way to do the same thing for images in quick view? meaning also have the format maintained and not zoomed so that you can see the whole image

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* Quick view image */
div.sqs-product-quick-view-content img {
    object-fit: contain !important;
    width: 100% !important;
    height: auto !important;
    left: 0 !important;
}

I also have some feedback on your site

Site URL: https://www.eleonorebuschinger.com/

1. (Mobile-Join our popup) Want to add background image, same as desktop?

eleonorebuschinger.com-01.png

2. (Mobile-Footer) Align left or center footer elements?

eleonorebuschinger.com-02.png

3. (Overlay Menu) Remove Pinterest save icon

eleonorebuschinger.com-03.png

4. (Mobile-Products) Show breadcrumbs

eleonorebuschinger.com-04.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
4 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Add to Design > Custom CSS


/* Quick view image */
div.sqs-product-quick-view-content img {
    object-fit: contain !important;
    width: 100% !important;
    height: auto !important;
    left: 0 !important;
}

I also have some feedback on your site

Site URL: https://www.eleonorebuschinger.com/

1. (Mobile-Join our popup) Want to add background image, same as desktop?

eleonorebuschinger.com-01.png

2. (Mobile-Footer) Align left or center footer elements?

eleonorebuschinger.com-02.png

3. (Overlay Menu) Remove Pinterest save icon

eleonorebuschinger.com-03.png

4. (Mobile-Products) Show breadcrumbs

eleonorebuschinger.com-04.png

Oh wow thank you SO much for this and your amazing feedback! The custom CSS worked perfectly for the quickview problem.

Regarding your feedback:

1) yes, I would love to add same background image on mobile as on desktop. I would also love if possible to change the thank you pop that someone sees after they sign up: I would want to change the design of it, and an image and a different text. For now I've only found how to change the text.

2) Left-center if possible.

3) how can I remove Pinterest save icon just for this page? 

4) how can I show breadcrumbs on mobile?

Thank you again so so much for your help - truly appreciate it.

Link to comment
On 4/27/2021 at 2:25 AM, eleonore said:

Oh wow thank you SO much for this and your amazing feedback! The custom CSS worked perfectly for the quickview problem.

Regarding your feedback:

1) yes, I would love to add same background image on mobile as on desktop. I would also love if possible to change the thank you pop that someone sees after they sign up: I would want to change the design of it, and an image and a different text. For now I've only found how to change the text.

2) Left-center if possible.

3) how can I remove Pinterest save icon just for this page? 

4) how can I show breadcrumbs on mobile?

Thank you again so so much for your help - truly appreciate it.

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* Show mobile breadcrumb */
@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
.ProductItem-nav .ProductItem-nav-breadcrumb {
    display: flex;
}
/* align left footer */
div#page-section-6068af78f837c344b6f62558 * {
    text-align: left !important;
}
}

I don't see Pinterest now, strange..

First question. Next comment

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
On 4/27/2021 at 2:25 AM, eleonore said:

Oh wow thank you SO much for this and your amazing feedback! The custom CSS worked perfectly for the quickview problem.

Regarding your feedback:

1) yes, I would love to add same background image on mobile as on desktop. I would also love if possible to change the thank you pop that someone sees after they sign up: I would want to change the design of it, and an image and a different text. For now I've only found how to change the text.

2) Left-center if possible.

3) how can I remove Pinterest save icon just for this page? 

4) how can I show breadcrumbs on mobile?

Thank you again so so much for your help - truly appreciate it.

Did you remove Join our popup? I just checked & dont see it now..

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.