Email Options Other Than Google Workspace???

I am on the fence about using Squarespace for my website as I am getting mixed reviews from others in my field.  Reading through the forums, the plan options, information available, etc. is it correct that the only way I can have an email with my domain (info@mydomain.com) is to use the first year of "free" Google Workspace and then pay an annual fee? Email accounts through my domain are NOT included with any plan and are sourced out to Google, correct? 

Are there other options available outside of Google Workspace as I am not a Google fan? 

Thanks for any input.

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no requirement to host your email on Google. It's just that SS and Google make it somewhat easier with their partnership. Although you do have to learn Workspace to administer. But then where ever you host your email you're going to have to learn an admin interface.

You will have to learn how to configure your DNS records so that your domain points to your email server.

You will need to find an email host provider that doesn't require you to host your domain with them, unless of course that is what you want to do.

You don't have to do all this yourself you could hire a consultant.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same question. At this point, I am totally confused. My domain is hosted thru SS. I want to start using the email campaign feature, and can't figure out how to have an email that doesn't look pfishy. myname@gmail.com--- rather I'd like myname@mydomain.com . This is what would be seen as the email address in the header of the newsletter that my contacts would receive (right?)

I sent a couple test newsletters to myself  setting up the email as my current email on gmail and got FLAGGED as phishy. not a good sign.

I don't want to pay $72.00 a year for an email address thru google workspace. I already have more cloud space, calendering and meeting stuff than I want and it's all free.

I've read that I can or should change the MX settings in SS - but to what....and where do I make the new email address?

I don't which way is up anymore.

I did try to hire an expert....either the job was too small or they weren't getting my problem.

They suggested I use forms (doing that already.)

For newsletter though....that doesn't work.

Help and Thank you.