File Downloads bigger than 20MB

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

We would like to offer manuals and software updates for our products to our customers on the website (as download link). Some of them are bigger than 20MB, therefore I cannot upload them via Squarespace. Any solution to that? I would prefer not to use external space such as Google Drive etc. Any Squarespace internal solution or extension that works well for this purpose?

• Replies 4
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
22 minutes ago, orbanlabs said:

We would like to offer manuals and software updates on the website (as download link). Some of them are bigger than 20MB, therefore I cannot upload them via Squarespace. Any solution to that? I would prefer not to use external space such as Google Drive etc. 

We're waiting for Squarespace to increase the file limit. Until they do this, the only way around this is to use a third party storage provider like Google Drive. You said you'd prefer not to use this, but there are no 'Squarespace' code solutions available.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

4 hours ago, orbanlabs said:

Is it possible to move the Squarespace website to another webhoster?

You can export certain content from your Squarespace site into an .xml file, which may be useful if you want to export content to WordPress.

However, not everything will export, as many features rely on the platform's built-in code to display content. See this list of what will and what won't export. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 years later...

I realize that this original post is from quite awhile ago, but I am wondering if anyone has come up with a more elegant/less clunky solution for large file downloads (ie a zipped folder of audio files) other than google drive?

Or if there's a way to initiate an automatic download of a file stored in google drive instead of the user following a link  to a google drive page and then having to press the download button from there. 

Make sense?