Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

File Downloads bigger than 20MB

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

We would like to offer manuals and software updates for our products to our customers on the website (as download link). Some of them are bigger than 20MB, therefore I cannot upload them via Squarespace. Any solution to that? I would prefer not to use external space such as Google Drive etc. Any Squarespace internal solution or extension that works well for this purpose?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
22 minutes ago, orbanlabs said:

We would like to offer manuals and software updates on the website (as download link). Some of them are bigger than 20MB, therefore I cannot upload them via Squarespace. Any solution to that? I would prefer not to use external space such as Google Drive etc. 

We're waiting for Squarespace to increase the file limit. Until they do this, the only way around this is to use a third party storage provider like Google Drive. You said you'd prefer not to use this, but there are no 'Squarespace' code solutions available.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Hi Paul, thanks for your answer. maybe you can help me with another question. Is it possible to move the Squrespace website to another webhoster? Or is the website content/structure always connected with their webspace and I cannot migrate it?

4 hours ago, orbanlabs said:

Is it possible to move the Squarespace website to another webhoster?

You can export certain content from your Squarespace site into an .xml file, which may be useful if you want to export content to WordPress.

However, not everything will export, as many features rely on the platform's built-in code to display content. See this list of what will and what won't export. 

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.