Possible to create a Wine store for a small vineyard?

Site URL: https://underdev.dev

Hello. New to Squarespace. I am researching using it for a project and trying to sift through the old information vs. the new information. I thought it best to come to the source.

A few questions:

Can I sell alcohol through Squarespace Commerce? Any obstacles I should be aware of?

Any reason I would not want to use Squarespace for a small wine store? Our volume is not very big.

I'm unsure what Squarespace plan I would need. Can I upgrade and downgrade as needed?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to say yes to your first question. Although I haven't read SS legalese on the subject.

Check out Terroir Import's website. I"m sure there are others on SS!

I think the most import thing you need to explore first is how the entire flow of not only your experience of using the e-commerce features but also your customers. So many folks start with doing all the other stuff adding in products, making the non-commerce pages, etc..

Then suddenly the site doesn't work the way they thought it was going to work because they had some model in their head that they didn't verify was accurate.

Check it all! Taxes, shipping, orders, returns. I mean everything commerce related! Ask a lot of questions here! 🙂

You'll need at least the business plan. But what plan you choose beyond that depends on your needs.

You can change plans.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

@creedon Thanks a lot for your reply and suggestions. When I googled "Squarespace Wine Store" one of the top hits lead with "The #1 Reason Your Winery Doesn’t Want a Squarespace Website" . But I think it is old information because there are other sites that discuss wine stores on Squarespace. So, a little confusing.

I may need to email them directly to get a definitive answer. As you said, it would be horrible to design the site out and then find out you can't sell wine/alcohol!

Thanks again.

• 1 year later...