Tackling outreach as a new business owner.

There are many exciting ways to grow your business beyond traditional marketing, including being proactive about creating an outreach list to generate buzz for your business. 

Your outreach list can include social media influencers, industry bloggers, traditional reporters for industry publications, or even the owners of similar businesses. Networking in these groups can help you reach and connect with your target audience on a variety of fronts!

How did you build your outreach list? Did you develop a standard pitch to send? Tell us all about how you tackled the outreach process and what you learned along the way in the comments below.

Really looking forward to reading the replies to this. I started my site three weeks ago and my socials two months ago. I feel totally lost like a tiny boat in an ocean of liners and cargo ships!  I know my site content lends well to networking as it synergises with a lot of businesses in the same niche however, I just don't know where or how to start.

1 hour ago, ednaw said:

Since I worked for a tech company, the main way of building an email list for us was mainly numerical. I won't get into the nerdy details, but we basically had a numerical criteria before we even considered someone / a business a potential partner or lead.

But the process is basically checking if they met our criteria (through ahrefs and other tools) and then looking up if the business had a page in Linkedin with employees, and sourcing their emails through anymailfinder~

So you'd vet them for domain trust, keywords, traffic etc? To ensure they were a worthwhile size and relevance to the company?