HELP PLEASE! Changing header Basil template 7.0 to transparent. It is currently white and I have tried everything.

Site URL: https://www.crownvideos.co.uk/

Hello,

My header used to be transparent but today I tried to change it and it has become solid white without touching anything. How can I revert this to be transparent again when it is at the top? My header layout elements are all set to bottom. Colour changes when changing the site styles >main>color section but I cannot get it to be transparent at the top. When padding added to the header the logo and menu slide down from the white banner. Also when parallax option is unticked the white rectangle disappears from on top of the header menu but the elements are still on top of black andI would like to have the parallax effect like it had it before anyway.

I have used the following code which hasn't worked:

body.tweak-transparent-header:not (.header--menu-open):not([data-menu-overlay-theme-switcher="true"]) .header-announcement-bar-wrapper.dark {
    background-color: transparent !important;
}

header.Header.Header--bottom.Header--overlay {
}

HELP!

Thanks,

Claudia

• Replies 3
  • Views 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, crownvideos said:

Site URL: https://www.crownvideos.co.uk/

Hello,

My header used to be transparent but today I tried to change it and it has become solid white without touching anything. How can I revert this to be transparent again when it is at the top? My header layout elements are all set to bottom. Colour changes when changing the site styles >main>color section but I cannot get it to be transparent at the top. When padding added to the header the logo and menu slide down from the white banner. Also when parallax option is unticked the white rectangle disappears from on top of the header menu but the elements are still on top of black andI would like to have the parallax effect like it had it before anyway.

I have used the following code which hasn't worked:

body.tweak-transparent-header:not (.header--menu-open):not([data-menu-overlay-theme-switcher="true"]) .header-announcement-bar-wrapper.dark {
}

header.Header.Header--bottom.Header--overlay {
}

HELP!

Thanks,

Claudia

It is because of the sticky code you implement on it. You can use fixed property instead of sticky.
header.Header.Header--bottom.Header--overlay { position: fixed; }

21 hours ago, crownvideos said:

But this would just make it transparent all the way through the website correct when scrolling down?

I would like for it to be transparent at the top and then have a colour background when scrolling down.

It looks like you solved this?

.Header.Header--bottom.Header--overlay {
    position: fixed;
    z-index: 1000;
    width: 100%
}

.Header.Header--bottom.Header--overlay.scrollNav {
    background: #000
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived