• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Script Disabled

Veryfastcar

Question

Hey there!

I'm currently finishing a website that was started by another user -- it hasn't been published yet.

The site is mostly stock, built using one of Squarespace's templates. As far as I can tell, there is only one piece of embedded custom code which is for CanadaHelps' donation form. The code for the form is directly from CanadaHelps (and is currently working on our old website). Sometimes I can see the form in development and everything looks OK, other times I'll be working on the site and there will be an error message where the code is inserted. When I edit the page, there is an error that has replaced where the form is located that reads "Script Disabled".

Does anyone have any tips on why this is happening. I am not a developer; I am volunteering to help this small non-profit launch their website.

This is the code:

<script id="ch_cdn_embed" type="text/javascript" data-page-id="41124" data-cfasync="false" data-formtype="0" src="https://www.canadahelps.org/services/wa/js/apps/donatenow/embed.min.js"></script>

I checked the forum for similar posts and found something about viewing pages in incognito. I launched Squarespace incognito, but the error is still there when I edit the page.

Many thanks for any suggestions!

V

Edited by Veryfastcar
more information
  • Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Thank you, Paul, for your thoughtful and fast response! I've requested the site password so that I can do what you've suggested. I'll give that a go and let you know if it works. It sounds logical and

3 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, Veryfastcar said:

I'm currently finishing a website. It hasn't been published yet.

As far as I can tell, there is only one piece of embedded custom code which is for CanadaHelps' donation form. Sometimes...there will be an error message where the code is inserted. When I edit the page, there is an error that has replaced where the form is located that reads "Script Disabled".

It's normal for code to be disabled in the preview pane whilst you are logged on to the site. This is because it can cause problems within the Squarespace editor.

You'll therefore want to open the site in a separate browser window whilst you are not logged into Squarespace. To do this:

1. First check that you can view the site without logging in by opening a new Incognito (or Private) window.
  2. Go to the site's domain name (something.squarespace.com) by typing this into the address bar at the top of the browser window. Don't add '/config' at the end. 
  3. If you see a message saying that the site is private, you'll need to return to your other browser window - the one where you are logged into Squarespace - and set a public password in the visibility settings. When this has been set, return to the Incognito window, refresh the page and use the public password. You'll now be able to view the site like a normal site visitor, instead of the site owner.

Does the code work now?

If not, please share the domain name and the public password with the community so that we can take a look.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007. 

5 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

It's normal for code to be disabled in the preview pane whilst you are logged on to the site. This is because it can cause problems within the Squarespace editor.

You'll therefore want to open the site in a separate browser window whilst you are not logged into Squarespace. To do this:

1. First check that you can view the site without logging in by opening a new Incognito (or Private) window.
  2. Go to the site's domain name (something.squarespace.com) by typing this into the address bar at the top of the browser window. Don't add '/config' at the end. 
  3. If you see a message saying that the site is private, you'll need to return to your other browser window - the one where you are logged into Squarespace - and set a public password in the visibility settings. When this has been set, return to the Incognito window, refresh the page and use the public password. You'll now be able to view the site like a normal site visitor, instead of the site owner.

Does the code work now?

If not, please share the domain name and the public password with the community so that we can take a look.

Thank you, Paul, for your thoughtful and fast response! I've requested the site password so that I can do what you've suggested. I'll give that a go and let you know if it works. It sounds logical and likely what's happening.

Cheers!