Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Redirect after purchase of a single/specific product?

MarcWatson

Question

Hello,
I am trying to automatically redirect to a different page after purchasing a specific product. All of the code I can find redirects to a different page for all products in a shop. We're trying to figure out if this can be applied to a single product only?

Thank you!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I've done a fair amount of redirect code for product detail pages.

I'm a bit confused by your description. You say redirect after product purchase. We can't do anything after a customer has gone through the entire add to cart/cart/checkout process.

If you mean you want to do something while the customer is on the product detail page, before they click on the add to cart button, then I think we can help you out.

But you need to let us know more clearly what you want to accomplish. If it's the later. Please provide the URL for the specific product that you want to redirect.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

See this thread for details of how to redirect to a different page after the Order Confirmation page (after successful Checkout):

However, as @MarcWatson said, this will redirect for all purchases. Although some custom JavaScript could be written to redirect based on the product purchased, this would need to be written specifically for the products, which means it isn't possible to provide you with a generic code to do this via the forum.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007. 

Thanks for everyone's input. We resolved it as best possible. We couldn't figure out a way to do a single product re-direct, therefore used a different concept.

Thanks again!