2 Footers (Multilingual site) - help with CSS / Javascript?

11 hours ago, bobbeck said:

Site URL: https://rcaarc2021.squarespace.com/

Hi there,

I am creating a multilingual site (English, French) and have read that having 2 different footers is possible using CSS and maybe Javascript to hide Lang 1 when user is on Lang 2. I am using Brine and on 7.0. Can someone help me out here?

Site pw rcaarc2021

Thank you!

You can add 2 sections in footer. WHen you're done, let me know. We will give the CSS to do this.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

@tuanphan I would need a little more description than your answer provides. I added another footer - one is in the "top" footer blocks, and the other is in the "bottom" footer blocks - but I am not sure if this is what you meant. Please let me know if the process is different... And if I did it right, I would love to see the CSS for it.

Thanks!

Bob

On 4/17/2021 at 8:52 PM, bobbeck said:

@tuanphan I would need a little more description than your answer provides. I added another footer - one is in the "top" footer blocks, and the other is in the "bottom" footer blocks - but I am not sure if this is what you meant. Please let me know if the process is different... And if I did it right, I would love to see the CSS for it.

Thanks!

Bob

To hide Bottom Footer on One Page, add this to that Page Header

<style>
  div#footerBlocksBottom {
    display: none;
}
</style>

To hide Top Footer on One Page, add this to that page header

<style>
  div#footerBlocksTop {
    display: none;
}
</style>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 year later...

Hi all!

I'm Parker and I work on the Customer Operations team at Squarespace. I came across this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we now offer an integration with Weglot. With Weglot, you can add a language-switcher button to your site's header that will allow folks to switch the language of the content without adding custom code. 

Here's some more on that: 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205809778-Creating-a-multilingual-site-in-Squarespace