Adding text to an image in Lightbox when clicked

Site URL: https://www.neonrainbowcreative.com/gallery

Hi there,

I recently made myself a very basic site but I'm looking into giving it a bit of a refresh and adding some new pages. I'm trying to copy the effect from this website:

http://www.picturesonwalls.com

Where the images have no text or captions but when you click on them they enlarge like in Lightbox but they have a text description. 

I've managed to set up the images in Lightbox to enlarge when clicked on but have no idea how to add text or if it's even possible to do within Lightbox and maybe I should be doing it in a completely different way. 

Any advice for a complete novice would be great. I have to admit this is all very new to me and a lot of the threads I've read and other sites I've checked out have gone completely over my head but I've always managed to get there in the end.

My work in progress is here:

https://www.neonrainbowcreative.com/gallery

Cheers

KjG

Same problem/wish/need here!

Using a gallery and hoping to be able to use captions/names for the pictures when enlarged in lightbox. (only in the lightbox, not in the gallery)

I'm using Matsuya Template and hoping to be able to stick with Personal for money-reasons....

Any ideas? Thanks very much!

Edited by annnnnna
On 4/17/2021 at 5:01 PM, annnnnna said:

Same problem/wish/need here!

Using a gallery and hoping to be able to use captions/names for the pictures when enlarged in lightbox. (only in the lightbox, not in the gallery)

I'm using Matsuya Template and hoping to be able to stick with Personal for money-reasons....

Any ideas? Thanks very much!

Hi. This will require JavaScript (Business Plan or higher)

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 4/17/2021 at 10:33 AM, tuanphan said:

Hi. Do/will you use Personal or higher? Which template do you use?

Hi tuznphan, 

I'm on the Basic Commercial plan and using 7.1. 

I went into the Help section to see what template I used but 7.1 does not show you that anymore, only that you are using 7.1

Hope that's enough

On 4/21/2021 at 5:09 PM, NeonRainbow said:

Hi tuznphan, 

I'm on the Basic Commercial plan and using 7.1. 

I went into the Help section to see what template I used but 7.1 does not show you that anymore, only that you are using 7.1

Hope that's enough

Hi. Sorry for the delay. Do you still need help on this?

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I 'm completely new to squarespace and could use some help with the same problem.  I want to add text to the Lightbox image when you click on it to expand, but I don't want the text to show when you see all of the gallery images together on the page.   I've search everywhere for a tutorial, but haven't had and luck.  I have the business plan. Can anyone help?  Thanks!

Edited by MestresGrogue
On 10/7/2022 at 8:51 PM, MestresGrogue said:

Hi, I 'm completely new to squarespace and could use some help with the same problem.  I want to add text to the Lightbox image when you click on it to expand, but I don't want the text to show when you see all of the gallery images together on the page.   I've search everywhere for a tutorial, but haven't had and luck.  I have the business plan. Can anyone help?  Thanks!

If you use Business Plan, follow this thread 

Or send to forum message