New to Squarespace, how do I place left and right arrow buttons to navigate through the pages of my site?

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

Site URL: https://terrier-broccoli-gtz5.squarespace.com/config/pages

Hiya, 

My site is set up in a way where you get to scroll down for more content etc. on each page. I would like to have a couple of small buttons on each page, on the left and right sides of the page to navigate between them.

As an example, my main page looks like this:

1021188481_ScreenShot2021-04-15at10_04_42PM.thumb.png.f597455e0ddbd26909ffa1b40062e5fb.png

And my buttons would be on the left and right, which will navigate between pages in my 'Projects' like so:

186751545_primadesignmockupnavigation.thumb.png.01cbdf0f190fafc20993397e9eba52a9.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

On 4/17/2021 at 7:13 PM, tuanphan said:

Hi. This is possible. However you want Arrows on project page (portfolio sub pages) or on standard page?

Hi thanks for replying, I'm not sure what the difference would be. If possible on the portfolio sub pages? So that each project page that the arrows navigate to  will still be able to scroll down to the additional content each page has.

Edited by immanuelsiregar
  • Solution
16 hours ago, immanuelsiregar said:

Hi thanks for replying, I'm not sure what the difference would be. If possible on the portfolio sub pages? So that each project page that the arrows navigate to  will still be able to scroll down to the additional content each page has.

Default, the portfolio pages has 2 arrows at the bottom of page. You want to move them to middle?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

With "standard" pages you'd have to either build the navigation links manually or possibly come up with some Javascript to do some of the work for you. Either option would be fairly labor intensive.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.