Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Possible to allow add additional items to cart when purchasing a membership or subscription?

I'm setting up a membership site and am wondering if I can set up the option to add additional product to cart once members check out? As it understand it now, purchasing a membership and then a digital download from the online store would be two separate transactions.

That’s correct, and it cannot be changed. 

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

• 2 weeks later...

@paul2009 I also am looking for this information. If we want to do a subscription food box with the option to add on more, would the customer have to do two transactions? 

1832054517_epicplaydaterebeccaorlov.jpg.85332730a2dd2e7199d5b405af65f8c6.jpg
hi@epicplaydate.com | epicplaydate.co
Epic Playdate is a creative brand firm of storytellers, designers, strategists and all-around good humans.
We help lifestyle companies translate their mission & model into visual & audio narratives. 
Let's make something epic together.

13 hours ago, EpicPlaydate said:

If we want to do a subscription food box with the option to add on more, would the customer have to do two transactions? 

Correct.

This is a frequent request but it's still not possible. If a customer wants to purchase a subscription product and a non-subscription product, they need to checkout TWICE!  It's a terrible user experience, right?

Subscriptions are the poor cousin of Squarespace Commerce, so I'm hoping that someone from the Product Team will step in and provide some positive news soon. I shared a list of subscription limitations with Squarespace. You'll find it here: Squarespace Commerce Limitations.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

20 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

Correct.

This is a frequent request but it's still not possible. If a customer wants to purchase a subscription product and a non-subscription product, they need to checkout TWICE!  It's a terrible user experience, right?

Subscriptions are the poor cousin of Squarespace Commerce, so I'm hoping that someone from the Product Team will step in and provide some positive news soon. I shared a list of subscription limitations with Squarespace. You'll find it here: Squarespace Commerce Limitations.

Thanks for your reply. Yea, this absolutely needs to be considered and updated. 

Separately, great work you are doing through your co. I've checked it out before and will be using some of your features. 

1832054517_epicplaydaterebeccaorlov.jpg.85332730a2dd2e7199d5b405af65f8c6.jpg
hi@epicplaydate.com | epicplaydate.co
Epic Playdate is a creative brand firm of storytellers, designers, strategists and all-around good humans.
We help lifestyle companies translate their mission & model into visual & audio narratives. 
Let's make something epic together.