Displaying SKU on product page

Site URL: https://turbot-accordion-apa7.squarespace.com/assortiment/p/brioche-mal-10cm-cy9sh

I would like to display the SKU of a product on that product page.

Here's an example of one of the products: Brioche Mal 10cm — TestBakery (squarespace.com) password is 12345. 

When I look at the source of the page and ctrl+f, I can find the SKU (SQ2431763) but I have no idea how to interact with that.

As a secondary question, would it be possible to have a generic/placeholder such as 'Shelflife1' on several product pages across the website, and to replace that with CSS to be what I actually want it to be? That way if I want to change the description of the shelf life, I'd be able to change it just once, and it'd update aross the entire site.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, SKBV said:

I would like to display the SKU of a product on that product page.

The SKU is usually a back office reference that visitors do not need to see, and they are different for each variant of a product. Can you explain why you want to show them? 

10 minutes ago, SKBV said:

As a secondary question, would it be possible to have a generic/placeholder such as 'Shelflife1' on several product pages across the website, and to replace that with CSS to be what I actually want it to be? That way if I want to change the description of the shelf life, I'd be able to change it just once, and it'd update across the entire site.

CSS is primarily for styling, but it is possible to do this with JavaScript, if the site is on a Business or Commerce plan.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

38 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

The SKU is usually a back office reference that visitors do not need to see, and they are different for each variant of a product. Can you explain why you want to show them? 

CSS is primarily for styling, but it is possible to do this with JavaScript, if the site is on a Business or Commerce plan.

The site will be on a business plan, so we will have access to that. 

We'll be using the store not as a store, but more as a way to show off our products. Ordering will be done via external platforms. The SKU will be adjusted to match our internal product codes. If we can display those, it means the customer knows which number to use when ordering.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Can you help me to understand why it would be helpful to display the SKU on the Product Detail Page (PDP)?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.