Google URL checker - How long does it take to start seeing your top 100 ranked keywords?

Go to solution Solved by GlynMusica,

Site URL: https://www.excelquestions.com

Hi all, 

So, i've built a site. Set up all the analytics and spent loads of time on google URL checker to get my site indexed and all the errors cleared up. I have SEO software. I have weaved some long tail keywords into my site and my SEO audit is saying my site is of good quality (not excellent but give it time!)

I started on Thursday the 1st. My site is crawled and everything I want to be indexed is indexed. Next thing I want is my keywords in the top 100. I have none yet and I want to know my starting point. I know the battle to the top 10 will be tough but I would imagine ill get some in the top 100 by fluke and some of the SEO ive done already? 

So my question is, how long on average does it take to start seeing your top 100 ranked keywords in the URL checker? 

Cheers,

Tom

• Replies 5
  • Views 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Congrats.

I would not wait for organic results, better instead to go and tell people with relevant websites  - education institutions come to mind - about your great resource.

Consider now that in many verticals a first place organic result is going to bring you very little in terms of traffic due to the fact that paid search results are pushing all the free traffic off the page. That doesn't mean there are not opportunities, and it might be that in your own area of the keyword web - I've not checked - you still have the opportunity to get free traffic. I'm not saying you won't get free traffic, typically we see as much as 50% of all traffic as being organic, it's just trying to isolate those results, that are now heavily personalized by users (yes you can remove this when doing search analysis) so make it very difficult to actually see growth and measure against specific keywords.

I'd say almost you should ignore Google as you have a resource that lends itself very favorably to off-search types of promotion.

In answer to your specific question, if the website is brand new then you can expect to see a stabilizing of your pages in 1-2 months, if you are re-optimising existing pages then you might have to wait up to 6 for them to properly stabilize.

Games work well on Social Media, I'd be looking at Facebook or perhaps LinkedIn if you can afford it.

Good luck.

G.

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

9 minutes ago, GlynMusica said:

Congrats.

I would not wait for organic results, better instead to go and tell people with relevant websites  - education institutions come to mind - about your great resource.

Consider now that in many verticals a first place organic result is going to bring you very little in terms of traffic due to the fact that paid search results are pushing all the free traffic off the page. That doesn't mean there are not opportunities, and it might be that in your own area of the keyword web - I've not checked - you still have the opportunity to get free traffic. I'm not saying you won't get free traffic, typically we see as much as 50% of all traffic as being organic, it's just trying to isolate those results, that are now heavily personalized by users (yes you can remove this when doing search analysis) so make it very difficult to actually see growth and measure against specific keywords.

I'd say almost you should ignore Google as you have a resource that lends itself very favorably to off-search types of promotion.

In answer to your specific question, if the website is brand new then you can expect to see a stabilizing of your pages in 1-2 months, if you are re-optimising existing pages then you might have to wait up to 6 for them to properly stabilize.

Games work well on Social Media, I'd be looking at Facebook or perhaps LinkedIn if you can afford it.

Good luck.

G.

Thank you very much! 

Your response covers everything I needed and more.

Emailing out sounds like a great idea. I know my ideal traffic and will target sites that they will be interacting with. Might get a backlink or two too! I get all of my traffic from socials at the moment but that has drawbacks due to the nature of my site. 

As for organic, I have mindfully written keywords into my text and due to my angle on the niche I can target keywords that others can't. 1-2 months sounds a fair amount of time to wait. Ill keep my eye on the search console. 

Good explanation from @GlynMusica. Getting traffic from Google is hard and takes time.

Just one thing I can add: Since you are new, focus on optimizing your homepage with phrases. The homepage has a much higher chance to rank high. I managed to get on top 10 with my websites homepage, but only top 100 with the same strategies on other pages.

Good luck!😃

- Rasmus Myhrberg, Founder of Spark Plugin

Spark Plugin – The Ultimate Design Toolkit for Squarespace

• 3 weeks later...

A few weeks down the line and I'm starting to get a lot more impressions. I can attribute them to a hefty blog post that I laced with keywords, as soon as google indexed that page, I started hitting search engines a lot more. I posted a second keyword rich blog post a couple of days ago and submitted via google URL checker yesterday along with updates to all my pages for keyword optimisation. It will be interesting to see which brings more traffic, the large keyword laced text or the keyword optimised content on the question pages. 

Ill also update meta probably next week and see what effect that has.

Funnily enough, my home page is not the highest ranking page. Maybe this is because of the nature of my site? the value in my site and where most of the keywords lie is within the content pages and not within the home page which is more of an overview. @Spark_plugin I wonder if your statement on ranking homepages comes from the fact that your sites just have more relevant keywords on the homepages anyway or whether there is a genuine bias in the search algorithm towards home pages? 

• Susana_SQSP changed the title to Google URL checker - How long does it take to start seeing your top 100 ranked keywords?