Tracking Image block clicks

Site URL: https://www.excelquestions.com

Hi all,

I’m having a little difficulty with getting analytics on image block clicks. I run a site which provides Excel Questions for people to answer. I have downloadable workbooks on each category page of my site, these files are attached to images and I don't really want to use the standard black buttons. I previously used external links to Drop Box via tinyurl to track downloads but for SEO and making things cheaper, I moved it all into Squarespace. However, Squarespace doesn't provide analytics for image block clicks and I really need this data to monitor performance. Has anyone got third party suggestions to allow me to track the clicks on my content?

Thanks,

Tom

2 hours ago, Excel_Questions said:

Site URL: https://www.excelquestions.com

Hi all,

I’m having a little difficulty with getting analytics on image block clicks. I run a site which provides Excel Questions for people to answer. I have downloadable workbooks on each category page of my site, these files are attached to images and I don't really want to use the standard black buttons. I previously used external links to Drop Box via tinyurl to track downloads but for SEO and making things cheaper, I moved it all into Squarespace. However, Squarespace doesn't provide analytics for image block clicks and I really need this data to monitor performance. Has anyone got third party suggestions to allow me to track the clicks on my content?

Thanks,

Tom

You can track custom event using Google analytics, consider to hire a dev to do this if you are not familiar with javascript

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 6 months later...

P.S – Paid plugin also available 👀

If you're frustrated with tutorials and want a quick solution that definitely works, check out Squarespace Click Traking Plugin. Not free – unfortunaltely but still cheaper than hiring a freelancer for $100 per hour.

It's a paid solution, but a few dollars also makes it 100% sure to work. Money back if it doesn't, and 1-on-1 support provided if you have any problems.

Freelance Squarespace developer making plugins like Full-Width Blocks, Hover effects for grid gallery and the Darkmode plugin. I know Squarespace inside out and I'm able to solve pretty much any Squarespace code problem.

Get in touch here!